Jeep Grand Wagoneer : Part II

 Last month, I did an initial post/review HERE; today a follow-up at the 6800 mi mark.

Some of my initial thoughts were that this thing is BIG.  It is!  Today I had a loaner 1500 with a Hemi (Brand New) and it seemed small in comparison.  I'd considered getting a 1500/2500 instead before going down this path; so glad I didn't now. Power: This thing has SERIOUS power via a 6.4 liter 392ci 475 HP V8. It's a pig on gas, but who gives a damned.  But in all fairness, if you putt around at 65mph, it's firing on only 4 cylinders and closer to 18-20mpg; but who does that? 

So, my opinion after 6800miles:  I friggin' love it, more and more each time I drive it.  I'm a fairly large guy and it fits me perfect.  Roomy as hell, comfortable as hell.  With normally just the two of us plus lil peanut whom comes in around 25lbs, it's like a mansion on four wheels.  Call it Capitalism Extreme.  White Privilege. I bought it with an " I don't give a shit attitude" I don't care what one calls it; it's mine!  Every time I pass a vehicle, 99% of the time I'm snickering because it dwarfs the other one next to me. 

We took it to AZ about two weeks ago, and towed our '02 TJ Wrangler on a dual axle car hauler for some play time out in the desert and it performed almost flawlessly. It honestly towed that 5k-6k lbs effortlessly, but it did suck some fuel, reducing my gas mileage about 33%; Ouch.  But, I'm used to it after towing trailers and RVs the last fifteen years or so.  But, had more than enough power to do that and more.  Though it has a TOW mode, it does not have an Integrated Trailer Brake so I used a Bluetooth version of one that I used with my Grand Cherokee. Now here's where I'm scratching my head. On the way out to AZ, my main screen in the center console was locked up to no avail, most of the way.  Turing the vehicle off and on, no help.  I pulled out the Brake Controller when we got there and all was fine the following morning; hmmmmm.   Now, I'm thinking that's what caused it so I didn't use it on the way home.  So, we'll find out when I use it again if there is something in the electronics' that don't play well together?  Friggin' computers.....

At 6,000 miles, the oil change light came on and I got it in a few days later at a local oil change place. Now, this comes with 5 changes and 5 tire rotations but I wanted to get it done quickly. However, the local oil change location doesn't carry the new Synthetic 0-40 that these High Performance motors utilize so I drove it home and got it into the dealer here; no biggee.  I checked on line at you can get the 7 quarts for about $65 bux.  I may order a few sets; we all know how the Supply Chain bites us in the ass nowadays?

Tunes: Crazy over the top "McIntosh" stereo system with a stupid amount of power and quantity of speakers.  I haven't come close to max volume and I've had this sucker loud.  Remember the old 8 track and Cassette days with the 6x9s in the rear window area?  LOL .. .damned we have it good nowadays.

One of the things I was promised when I purchased it is high end service for 5 years and I have to admit today they rocked it.  Brand new loaner for the day.  Had a dedicated Service Advisor and the Service and Parts Director was on hand. I've been a Jeep customer since 1986 almost continuously and it's never been better than this.  After several Grand Cherokees , a Liberty, and about a dozen CJs and Wranglers throughout the last several decades, they have upped the ante'.  With the new Wagoneer they are obviously making a play for that market that Cadillac and Lincoln owns; works for me.

Got "Biggun" back home (it's rightful name .. lol) and a part on order for the heated seats (they go off after about five minutes) .... I've got a few plans for it.  Ordered some badging for it ("392 Hemi") and hopefully it'll look good.  Need to get all the windows tinted to the max allowed by law.  Then ...   time to put some miles on it.   I've had this six weeks and at this rate, I'll have 50k miles on it by years end? Not the plan .. but ....  looking like it.  Hey .. that's why I bought it!










Comments