Ultimate AirBnB : Beautiful Italian Home Ocean Sunset View Pool Spa

 Beautiful Italian Home Ocean Sunset View Pool Spa

Entire home in La Mesa, California

  1. 16+ guests
  2. 9 bedrooms
  3. 16 beds
  4. 7.5 baths
  5. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8482243

Where do you start…… ….  

One of the nicest homes …   make that THE nicest home I’ve ever stayed in.  Upon arrival my wife and I actually got spun around a few times.  Finally grabbed a notebook as we were determining “whom is in which bedroom”.  After 30 or so minutes, we had it all figured out.  Well sort of.  This place is HUGE.

The drive up to the house will have you in awe.  Road is a little bit narrow and I was in a BIG SUV, so had me cautious.  Once you turn into the upper driveway, you’re smiling. But from the front entrance where one parks, the only real clue to what awaits you is the beautiful huge wooden front door. Once you walk in, one is immediately in awe of the view and the realization how big this home is.

Room after room is beautiful.  We didn’t utilize all the patios and barely all the living rooms since we were outside under cover or near the pool and hot tub usually.

The Kitchen area is perfect.  High end professional appliances.  Cabinet after cabinet is hiding anything and everything you’ll need to entertain and cook for your group.  The large pantry is full of items that may surprise you, much from pervious guests.  Various coffees, spices, you name it.  The fridge has a few condiments that each week of guests leaves for the next.  On our first Day, we had groceries delivered so from the first hour, we were ready to go.  Let the fun begin!

Outside, the pool is great. I’m guessing its 20’ x 40’ ; a large pool.   Scott will heat it for you, if necessary, in the cooler months for a reasonable fee. In one of the home’s closets is most any float imaginable that your group might want.  Pool depth is perfect.  Both ends are useable depths.  The center drops to maybe 5’ or so.

Bedrooms.  This is the best part.   The master suite is … perfect.  It’s huge with a large walk-in closet.  Views were perfect.  Most of the other bedrooms are excellent. My ONLY qualm … and this is just me personally … is two of the rooms weren’t what I’d expected.  The smaller room with the queen bed was … small.   The bed was against the wall so if a couple is in here, someone has to crawl over the other possibly?  Now in all fairness, looking back at the picture… it’s shown exactly like that. So, there are no surprises and yet, I was.  Guess I wasn’t paying attention.  My only other concern is the room downstairs in the ‘rec area’.  It’s big, great for all in there. Has great access to the pool outside…. BUT… this is my only peeve… you have to access it from the adjoining bedroom. Our folks simply used the backyard access and then around the side to the inside of the home.  Weather was perfect.  Had it been raining….   Different story.  Now of course, you have access via the adjoining bedroom but… what if they want privacy?   I hate even mentioning this but I do 100% honest reviews,

Okay …enough of that.  I would rent this home again in a second. I would recommend it 100%.  If I lived in San Diego, I’d be asking Scott if it was for sale. WE LOVED IT.  EVERYONE in our group loved it.  The reason I bring up the bedroom situation is If I did a business trip with fellow executives, I’d only plan on utilizing six of the bedrooms for couples.  If coming in with a huge family or multiple families, you can utilize them all as intended, as advertised.   We had fourteen folks, two of which were single and utilized 8 or the 9 bedrooms.  It was almost perfect.   So, my review is a 4.9999!

 





 

Comments