Patch Grabbers

Subject starting bugging me again ...  I wrote about this awhile back.

'What's on your Back?'  POST

A situation a few weeks ago got me to thinking about it again.   I first heard this term with the CVMA.   They do two things to minimize "patch grabbing". First you have to be 'qualified'.  Second, you have to be vetted.  Third, you sign documentation that you'll return the patch if no longer in the CVMA.  I'm sure there are still be that join just to 'look cool' but they soon go by the wayside and only the real stand up folks remain.

I belong to the Iron Indian Riders Association and we too many patch grabbers.  What's my definition?

  • Join only because the patch looks cool
  • Just want to join an organization associated with Indian Motorcycles
  • Pay the annual once ... and maybe... maybe.. in following years
  • Never join a chapter
  • Never attend local, regional or national Events

I see this all the time.  They've got a vest with a million patches and pins on it to include an IIRA patch.  They lean this way, that way, but not the IIRA way.  But they sure love to point out they are IIRA members.  Really?  Because I didn't see them at Durango.  Or the Hill Country .. or ... well... any IIRA event.  I never seen them on the IIRA forum.  Never see them anywhere.... except on social media when the claim they are members.   Hell, had an incident last week where one MF'd the IIRA for something it's not associated directly with, claiming they were going to rip off their patch.  Who the fuck cares? Do us a favor.. do it.  I have NEVER seen this person at an event representing the IIRA.  I was actually surprised to hear they were still current, after joining back in '16 time frame.  Well, Aloha MF' .  See Ya .  Hasta luego 

We've got a big event coming up in a few weeks; IIRA Regional.  I'm guessing there will be about a 100 of us.  I'm also guessing there will be another 25-50 people attending, wearing IIRA patches on their vest (front and/or back) that have no clue we have a regional.  If they did know, wouldn't attend our portion since they are part of another group.   Those people... are the Patch Grabbers.   And as far as I am personally concerned..... not actually part of the IIRA, whether they are current with dues or not.




Comments