The world has gone crazy . Pass me a Corona plz

The first clue was the toilet paper memes.  I kept thinking... WTF is the joke?  I hadn't connected the dots.  For a few days, I didn't get it.   Then wondered, who the hell decided they were going to shit themselves and needed a few months worth in the next few days?   Well, sure enough ... folks we're emptying shelves.   We were good to go, and headed to Galveston where we normally keep a larger stock of it and many other things anyways so I wasn't concerned.   We got there late last week.  I stopped in for a few things at Dollar General and picked up a case of water and ... what the hell... another small thing of TP.    The whole back area was stocked up to the ceiling.

Here we are on the 16th .... bars and restaurants are being ordered to shut their doors in other states.  It's Spring Break down on the Island which is normally a crazy time of year but not this week...eerily quiet.  Few hours ago headed over to the local DG to grab some Diet 'Dews for the wife and ... The TP aisles are picked over.  Frozen food freezers are picked over.  Even over at Seven Seas Grocery, a similar situation.  WTF?   Me ... I'm not worried.  I've got plenty of goods in the pantry.  Got other things that I always keep on hand.  But what crosses my mind; what if this had been the 'Big One?' It'd be complete chaos with all the crazies out there freaking out.  A few weeks from now, the US will be back to normal but with businesses permanently..... out of business.  People will be stressed with maxed out credit cards.   The Financial markets will take years to recover.  We'll hear horror stories how folks' retirements are ruined. Why?    Because the average person .. panics.

Incredible.  When this is over in a few weeks, I'll be prepping for the next one.  Instead of having 6 months of supplies, I'll have a few years worth.  And .. more ammo.   It's a crazy fucking world




Comments