Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

For those that know me well, know I work 365, 24/7 .. .basically.   As long as I have my phone and laptop, I can work from pretty much .. anywhere.   The problem becomes finalizing contracts and other miscellaneous documents, with a signature. 

I solved this problem about a decade ago by purchasing Adobe Acrobat.  All I wanted it for was to be able to sign my documents and send them off via email.  I'd spent years printing off documents, filling them out, scanning them, attach to and email and hit .  And, what happens when I'm traveling and don't have access to a printer and/or scanner?  When I discovered Adobe I gulped at the $300 cost, but ended up expensing it anyways.   Over the years, I've gotten addicted to it's functionally.   Not just for digitally signing, but able to manipulate most PDFs since they aren't locked usually.  The last time I upgraded laptops I had the original download copy and S/N, and moved it over.   However, few weeks ago, I had what we all dread.  The hard disk crash .   Luckily I had all my data backed up in various locations/mediums, but it is all there.  Except, all the apps I had are ... gone.   Now the fun began.   And in the meantime, I'm now printing crap out and scanning it again.. painful!  For the life of me I couldn't locate the registration info on the Adobe product.

Well, fast forward two weeks.  I have Office 2019 installed.   I was pissed at the high costs, but found a legit location there that I got a copy of for at a fraction of store prices.   Yesterday, I found a legit site to get Adobe for $18.00.  How the hell was that possible?  Well, they've gone to a new business model and want you to run adobe from the cloud.  This version I just purchased was first put out back in 2012.  They quit supporting it a few years ago.  But here I am running a brand new copy that does EVERYTHING I need ... for $18.  Hell, I'm not even going to expense it this time around.

Score!


Comments