Wuhan Flu in Texas

So far in Hunt Country where I reside most of the time, we are up to 22 cases.  Out of that, 2 have past away and yes ... they had other medical issues/complications.  Leanne and I stay home most of the time, unless I need to run out to the grocery store or get some takeout.  Clean the hands and stay away from anyone that looks ... rough (cough cough)

Gotta tell you though ... if they ever get around to testing everyone to see if you'd actually had it... should be interesting.  We were down in Galveston for a few weeks when this all kicked off, with few other couples.   On about the third day, I had a splitting headache each morning for about a week.  Then I got to where I had a pain in my chest; felt like someone had punched me, right in the center.  But, we were drinking like fools and the joke was I had a hangover. Everyday, we'd repeat and do it again.   I've joked from day one that Tequila kills the virus, but hey .. never know.  For the week after everyone left, I still felt a notch ..'off'.    That all being said, never coughed or had other symptoms.  And, Leanne and I intentionally kept a lil' distance between ourselves due to her RA and I'm the sole one,  going out and about.

So, as things are calming down about it all and talk of restarting the economy goes on, I can't help but wonder about things.  They say millions of Americans probably had it and didn't know.  They 80% of the folks that get it, don't show a lot of symptoms.   Hmmmm.. one can wonder?  Either way, hopefully the numbers start changing up.  I'm ready to grab a cold brew of some of my fav' spots. And a greasy burger.... or two

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

Comments