Adam Sandavol : Indian Motorcycle Proponent

Few years ago, I became aware of Adam Sandavol.   I'd seen a couple of videos of him on his HDs, riding across the country apparently hitting every single dealership in the US if I remember right.  Met him in Dallas at a Vet related motorcycle event (22Kill).  Then, back in '18 I participated in the HD world record attempt.  Soon after that, he was riding an Indian Chieftain and loving the Indian Motorcycle brand.  Then his girlfriend was hooked on the Indian brand and he was riding an Indian Motorcycle Challenger model which he praised over the HD Roadglide.  A twist for me last year was after the Gregory 500+ was announced to set an Indian Motorcycle World Record Ride, he later announced another HD attempt on the same friggin day.  Got to admit I was pissed for personal reasons because I wanted to do both! As much as I hate puttin' around in a circle for 4 miles, I usually have ulterior motives on my part.  For the 2019 Indian event I wanted to see hundreds of my friends in the Indian Motorcycle community, I've made over the last decade. And, wanted to see the existing low number kicked to the curb.   As for the 2019 HD event, I wanted to attend with my CVMA Brotherhood as I did the year before.   And a lil' pat on the shoulder of course if one participates in a ride the blows the doors off existing records.  Well, as I've written about before, the Gregory event KRUSHED the previous record, almost tripling it.  As it turns out, the HD event crushed the previous record, almost doubling the existing. Few weeks before the events, we learned that Adam didn't even know about the Hot Springs Indian event on the same date.  Of course I'm thinking "WTF! How could he not?" .. but . ....shit happens.  I remember thinking to myself .. "can you imagine if he'd known about it and doubled down with Rob Gregory on this?"   Now.. I don't know if he would or could have since he was involved in the HD event .. but .. damned.. what an idea/concept! Additional riders would have come out of the woodwork no doubt, to push that '19 record into four figures.

I haven't kept up on everything the last several months but somewhere along the line Adam's Challenger bike went away. Don't know if he sold it, was a lease .. or what. But he seemed to be back on his HD.  Seemed to be putting more miles on other bikes (dual purpose, dirt, etc).  Hell, makes sense to me. He's got an RV park of sorts north of me about a hundred miles or so.  I know during the HD event last year, it was a big hooplah to hand out at his place.   So a promise I'm making to myself this year is to head up to the KRIVER  Campground.  I've still got my RV Trailer, so it'd be perfect.   And it's just a few hours if I roll up on 2 wheels?  Bottom line, I need to make this a destination.

Well,  I recently became aware Adam is back on a Challenger.  Hell, he just posted a video of it (below). He looks stoked and ready to ride some miles on the new bike.  I know he's going to swap out them bars, maybe put his brand of seat on it, etc to make it more comfortable for long hauls.  I'm really hoping to see him out and about at some events, Indian related this year and next.  Never know! Bikes Blues BBQ and Lone Star Rally have canx.  But, we've got an IIRA event in 3 weeks (doubt we could get him up there) but... maybe we'll luck out and see him at the Hot Springs Rally in Sep. Hell, is that thing even still going on?  Not sure.. guess I should have look before I typed it.

In any case.  Looks like he's happy/smiling and enjoying that new Challenger.  Gotta admit, if I was in the market for another bike, that'd be my first pick.  Fits me great and the power band on it rocks.   Who knows, few more years maybe I'll park KROME and get me a '21 or '22 model.  We shall see!




Comments