Indian Motorcycle International, LLC- Intellectual Property

(updated 23JUN20)

Got an email few days ago from Corporate.  It started off with "We represent Polaris Industries Inc. and Indian Motorcycle International, LLC (“Polaris” and “IMI” collectively) in connection with intellectual property matters."   As a major share holder in PII Stock, and hardcore fanatic of Indian Motorcycles, and aware of all the crazy BS that has gone down with the brand the last few decades (well.. one could argue over a century), the email got my attention.  I'm aware how folks got shut down quickly after the '11 purchase of the brand.   Why me you ask?  Because I have an LLC called "Texas Indian Riders"/"Texas Indian Bikers" . Additionally, a FB Page of the same name with a very large 'base' of followers over the years.   And, I've pushed my luck a lil' to be honest ..........

Well, I connected up with their legal team yesterday and had a professional conversation of the issues(s) at hand with the Texas Indian Bikers page.  I'd made some patches a few years back and made some sales via my LLC.  Pennies in the big picture.   I've posted some pics over the years that had the Indian logo on them and they weren't in the best interest of IMI; I get that.  Used a font that was a notch too similar to the current font used by IMI; I get that.  So, after a lengthy productive conversation, I agreed to their requests.  Took me all of five minutes to change things up for them.

The sky isn't falling.  The earth is still rotating.  My PII stock is still increasing in value. My Indian Motorcycles are still shiny.  They are still the best American Motorcycle IMHO.   And, for those that know me well, know I'm a huge fan of Polaris, with an ATV and UTV in the garage.

 Did I mention how Professional their legal team was/is?   Hey .. I'm a fan.  Wait...  should I have protested?  jk

UPDATE:

Last night got another email. The Texas Indian Biker FB Group which is private had a similar photo as the cover photo.  Didn't really think about it initially, but I guess when anyone views the group and possibly wants to join, there it is.  Fixed.  For those that have reached out to me, Corporate ain't the problem here.  Still, all good.  PII stock .. up up up baby ... looking good during these crazy virus days!



__________________________





Comments