The Ignorant are among us...

This probably isn't what you were expecting.   Read something this morning that well.. .had me laughing and reminded me, how the average person on FB ... just ain't paying attention

Here's a scenario.  I manage multiple FB pages and multiple FB groups.  One of the simplest things people do on FB is 'share' from another source.  Lets say I see something on John Shope's Dirty Bird page referencing one of his products. I then share it off to the group or page so others learn about it; become aware of it.   What happens next?  "Hey, will that fit my '14 Chief?"   or ..  "do you give military discount?"   Now, most with a brain realize it's shared onto the page, from the originating page.  The originating source is where you ask the question of the manufacturer!    Yes.. there might be a fellow rider that also has that product and can answer it if one is lucky.  But the point is...  the commenter doesn't even realize it's shared from elsewhere.  Has no grasp.   Now does all this matter in the big picture?  Of course not... but..   I see it all the time.

Now what prompted me to write this is I saw this morning where another page out there that has zero to do with a specific manufacturer/product, is being asked questions about the actual direction of the product and trying to give advice.  But the page they are on has zero to do with the OEM.  ZERO.  They are literally too stupid to realize this.  Saddest part of it, the page doesn't inform them of it either.  Part of me wants to laugh.  And the sad part is, a large percentage of the page's sheep are in the same boat.  So, I just snicker and wonder how long until they go "oh shit" and realize the mind-share they wasted before moving on .. to ..  well.. something else.  Again, is this that big of a deal? ...well.... no .. but..

I see it ALL THE TIME!  LOL  Across multiple areas of Social Media.   So yes, the Ignorant are among us!


Comments