Rocket III - Sold!

Bought this bike about 8 years ago for the sole purpose of scaring the shit out of myself.  This was the bike to do it...... with 140 ci of smooth power and stump pulling torque ...   I used to take it out and push the limits, every time I rode it.  Eventually though, I tamed it.  So, it was basically parked gathering dust.  If someone visited and needed a bike to ride, this was the one.  I didn't have a deep emotional attachment to it like I do my Indians for some reason. It's an awesome, beautiful bike ... but.... .. I never connected at that deep level with it.  Man I wished I'd had it in the early days before I got my first Indian; maybe I'd have enjoyed it more.   Well,  back around 2016 I sold it to a local guy who let it sit for nine months... then he asked me if I'd buy it back for $1k less than he paid for it... SOLD!  Hahaha.  Since then, only put a few miles on it. Well, over the last several weeks, I've got two more Chieftains that have joined the tribe and it's time to make room ....

Couple of days ago, I sold this to one of my close friends, Jeff R. up in CO.  This will be his first bike and he's psyched.  Though this monster has crazy power, it won't get away from you.  It's there if  you continue to pull back on that throttle.  It's there if you drop the clutch.  But otherwise, it's somewhat of a tame beast.  That 3cyl 2300cc/140ci monster motor; smooth as silk.

So, now just need to figure out the best way to get it to CO.Trucking company says mid-June.  I really don't want to trek all the way up there and back with a trailer ...   

Either way ....    Jeff will be smiling soon!





Comments