Indian Motorcycle of Little Rock (Gregory Polaris)

KROME
Let's ratchet back to 2013.  I bought my first of the new generation of Indian's (I like to refer to them as the Spirit Lake generation) from up north due to the minimal amount of dealers at the time (big mistake on my part).  I had no idea one of the TOP dealers in the country was only a few hundred miles to the east of me in Little Rock, AR.  They'd been churning out four wheelers, side by sides and Victory motorcycles like they were going out of style (well, Victory did.. but.. that's another story) for years. Hell, he's pretty much the NUMBER ONE Polaris dealer in the US at the time (and continues to be).  After I'd ordered my 2014 Chieftain, I saw a social media post about the Little Rock dealership expanding and now selling Indians.  I had no clue that THIS was the place I should have bought my bike, but I would soon afterwards.

Fast forward through the last 8 years.... Bought one of the first slingshots in the country from them back in Nov 2014. I got my '16 Dark Horse Chief (customized) from them and they delivered it in person up in the Branson Missouri area (annual IRIP event) for me.  My dad picked up an awesome used Vic off the showroom floor for a killer price.  I got my '14 Vintage (Sugar B') from Rob in a crazy deal back in Sep 2016. My bikes have been in there numerous times for upgrades; at least 3 of them over the last few years. Stump, Junior and others are awesome techs and always taken care of things top notch. I've sent a lot of folks that way for service and bikes; why wouldn't I?  Hell, I'll ride or trailer the 250 miles any day vs local dealers in most cases. Many of the folks behind that counter are family; a true old school family business. Hell, I feel like I'm family when I'm there.

Well, buddy of mine from the San Marcos area sends me a picture of a red ICON series Chieftain that's been on the showroom floor since last year in Austin, TX asking me if it was a good price.  Michael shot me some numbers of the 'out the door cost (TTL, etc all in) and I'm thinking.. "damned.. looks good to me .. let me run it by Rob Gregory to validate" and see if he has one and can beat it.  Rob immediately replies that he sold all his of that model/color last July .. all he has is a '21 Burnt Orange Icon Chieftain along with  the 'out the door cost for me' ..... and the bastard sends me a pic of it.  The 2020 model Michael is looking at is at a fire sale price point so I immediately tell my buddy Michael Hansen he's getting a killer deal and to execute (and he does), but now I've got a problem. Rob as always doesn't screw around on price... and .. that pic!

During this whole exchange with Rob and Michael, my wife and I are on the back patio of our room at the Secrets in Cozumel sipping mimosas. I'm probably on my third or fourth .. and I can't put my phone down. I keep staring and staring at this bike in Little Rock. I've got two fav colors; Dark Purple and Orange.   And this orange Chieftain is tearing at my heart/brain; I friggn' love it!  I've almost bought a corvette in this color. Almost bought two diff' Victory motorcycles in a similar color.  Now, I'm staring at this 2021 Chieftain Dark Horse with a 116 ci motor ... in this color and I'm almost drooling.  Before I finally put the phone down, Lucy says to me " you KNOW you're going to buy it ... geeeez.. just do it!"  I'm thinking .. 'really??' .. so immediately text Rob Gregory with "SOLD!!!!!!!!  It's headed to Texas!"

Since that day, I've spoken several times with Junior about all the upgrades going on it.  Bars, Audio, boards.. you name it.  Well, here it is Junior's B'day (can't make it here today of course) and he's rolling in tomorrow as I type this.  It's been a while since I've been this giddy over a bike purchase.. but .. I am!   Krome ('14 Chieftain) has been my go-to bike for the last 8 years.  Now, this new one ... is going to take over the long haul trips.  I've got a few 1,000 + trips on the schedule for this year and this is the bike for it.  No plans for performance mods. They've installed some TAB exhaust slip-ons and a Stage 2 Air cleaner.. but... I'm not touching the internals of the motor, nor planning any aftermarket tuners.  Only real updates are creature comforts.   As much as I love the performance mods I've done with Krome, once in awhile, we cost ourselves reliability in some cases. And this one...    hopefully I'll keep my word and keep it 'stock.'

Now ..  I sit here and wait... 24 hrs to go!    Currently have an '08 Chieftain (KiwiIndian) and the '14 Chieftain (Krome) .. so now.. Three Chieftains it is!


Teaser Pic sent by Rob


Comments

Tim said…
Congrats! It’s a great coor
RickkciR said…
Gracias Amigo .. I knew you'd approve!