$aving$ Account$

Buddy of mine reached out to me yesterday to share some news with me.  He's parked his "Emergency Funds" with this bank, mainly because of their high interest yields in today's market.  I took a look at it and .... piqued my interest!  I mean CD rates for 5 years are what... 3.5% approx?  This one with no penalties on time frames is 2.5%.....not bad.  Beats what I'm getting with my local bank!  So, this morning in the wee hours due to lack of sleep, went for it.  BUT.. there's more!  Now...   go with me on this one.  Imagine you parked 250k in the AAdvantage account for a year.  You'd have OVER 250,000 miles with AA to fly on Vaca's and emergencies with, annually.  Folks, that's a lot of miles.  Yeah yeah .. 250k, I know.  Who's got that to park in a savings account, but for a matter of discussion....  if you do the math, that's pretty good!  I mean 3% of 250k is $7500.  Do the math with AA miles...  That's 10 round trip flights at 25k each; TEN trips to Mexico!  If you plan them right, a good deal .. .I think.  I've been screwed on miles before, and I've made out like a bandit with them to NYC.  Either way, Bask gives you a great option if you leverage it... beats the shitty rates I'm getting here locally..  FDIC insured, low risk, okay yeild... but...   inflation is still killing it all.  Better idea?  Comment below!





Comments

RickkciR said…
I like these type of emails

"The annual percentage yield you are earning on your Bask Interest Savings Account has been increased from 2.53% to 2.75% APY*."
RickkciR said…
UP UP UP!

Earn 4.85% Annual Percentage Yield1 with a Bask Interest Savings Account.

Earn 2.5 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for every $1 saved annually when you open a Bask Mileage Savings Account.