Weekend Ride To Lawton OK

 Damned I miss riding like this. Little bit of distance, weekend out of town, put some miles on the bike at the location.  This one was actually a CVMA related event that I wrote about HERE.

I wanted to roll up on KROME, but I didn't get the oil changed, so KRUSH got the duty.  Meant to wash it the day before, but... I might have gotten caught up in my pool time and blew it off.  Lucy had decided to stay home to watch Peanut.  So for me, it'd become more of a 'guys' weekend (though a few other's wives would make it up there).  When the smoke cleared it'd just be Frank and I rolling up that day, meeting others once we got there.  For me this was too simple.  Took me a whole fifteen minutes to pack up all my gear, load up the bike and don my vest .  That's 1 ... 5 .. minutes...  bam!  Hell, it was 0700 before I even started.  Took my time, sipped some java, lil bite to eat then...  0745 I was rolling to meet up with Frank at the QT.  We topped off and were rolling up 69 to 82 to 81, and finally 7.  Uneventful and calming 225 miles over a 4 hour period.  Ever since my heart ablation, I REALLY feel comfortable and enjoy riding again. It's hard to explain except that I've simply got my mojo back. 

Rolled in a few hours early to check in so headed next door to the Bricktown Brewery for some colds one and Grub.  Them fried shrimp that rocked and tasted fresh.  Connected up with a few others that had rode in and burned a few hours waiting.  Then, over to the Hilton where we met up with Chief and Kathy who'd rolled in the day earlier to get more time for sight seeing.  Once we all settled in, down to have a few cold ones then .. back on the bikes and head to the VFW to meet up with hundreds of others that rode in for the weekend for this Regional CVMA event.  Never ceases to amaze me on the costs at the VFWs for the beverages compared to other locations.... a fraction.  Gives you insight into the margin folks make on these adult beverages?  Anyways, we had food served up, got our bellies full, visited with quite a few folks then made our way back to the hotel to ensure we weren't on bikes with too many fluids in us (huh..that's an interesting way to put it?).  Met up with a few other folks, smoked some Stogies, sipped some Jack .. and .... called it a night

Saturday .. another beautiful sunny day.  Headed to the HD dealer where all the fun was happening during the day. After dropping three figures on four shirts for mama and I, jumped on a large group ride headed out.  It'd only be about 40 miles but was worth it.  Law Enforcement led us out of town and provided road blocking.  Once we hit the countryside, we enjoyed two laners headed in a circle outside of Lawton ending up at a cemetery to say our prayers and plant some American Flags to honor veterans buried there.   Then, worked our way back to the HD dealer where we started.  After an awesome burger and cold ones....  I needed a friggn' nap....  so ..   what the hell.. did!  Then, after finally waking up, back to the HD dealer for a Sunset Ride which was way better than the first,  out in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.  I could have spent an entire day out there enjoying it... .as some appeared to be doing just that.  Guess quite a bit of Buffalo/Bison roam here, but I didn't see any as others had. .. .sigh...   Maybe 'next time.'  Our ride brought us to the VFW for a dinner , drinks and seeing a lot of folks.  We finally connected up with most from our Chapter that'd rode in,  which made for a better time.  Then, before the sun was down .. scooted back to the hotel so again .... no worries.  But , we're leaving in the morning ... no closing down the bar this time!

We were all over the map Saturday

Sunday ... we're rolling . This time it'll be myself , Dutch, Chief and Kathy.  As it was two days prior, an awesome ride home in a notch over 4 hours of nothing but sunshine and nice temps... though... was getting warm about the time we got back to Greenville.  Frank broke off headed home, and the three of us remaining headed to Molinas to meet up with Lucy for lunch.  Margaritas were in my future and I was ready for them... we all were.  

Molinas!

Great weekend.... lil' over 600 miles of good times on a motorcycle.  Life is Short .  Enjoy every second of it!



Shrimp Rocked at the Brewery!

Had to try this Anejo .. YUM!

Desert the first night.. YUM



Rolling out on a group ride

Smooches tried to use my card to charge with .. BAHAHAH

Part of the Hotel Bar's layout.. not bad!






 






Comments