Things have gotten personal....

Well, someone just popped their top and began the Slander war.... so I'll just throw this out there...  Too bad it's come to this.  I enjoyed seeing folks over the last .. well, it's been almost six years now.  But there are numerous events around the country to attend.   Or not attend.   When this all began, it was one of the few. Now , it's just one of the many.

I guess a post of BS that the Sheep are lining up behind, deserves a response. Not the way I wanted this to go down, but I can’t let lies go unanswered.

“Now I guess everyone coming (even though he's attended 5 years) are just "sheep" and "idiots".  No.  I’ve got friends attending.  I’ve attended.  The “SHEEP” are the folks who have never been to the event, never will go to the event, but post BS about folks and/or situations they know nothing about. Or those that post comments out of ignorance with zero knowledge of the facts, which appears to be most.

“By the way.. 14's taxes WERE done.. 15's are being looked into, and 16's are getting completed (pushed from the end of this month) to July 10th now”  -People close to this have asked repeatedly “what the overhead is”    Fair Question.   It’s the year 2017.  Does no one wonder why they aren’t current?  What matters is they will.  Good job.  I mean, that’s what is supposed to be done legally.

Whats funny about his rant, is, he wants Bike Week to be FREE FREE FREE...  “Nope  ... never said that. Simply echoed many folk's feelings that the costs we high.   Which is true.

 A welcome dinner reception FREE – Free? No. it's paid for by the attendees, in the big picture

a Guinness record breaking event food and shirts, FREE – Well .. No.   ..Last year there was a cost to participate.  That cost, paid for it

 Ride for Children's School Supplies.... FREE .  Well no, there’s a cost to participate in that ride… or at least there was for the previous year(s).

 $235 for weekend registrations -   Per person, not per bike.  So, a couple is out upwards of $500.  I had folks complaining to me about this previously.  I’ve had numerous people tell me they’d canx this year if they hadn’t already paid.  It’s a lot of money to many folks.  I paid that and more.. much more...most years (depending on auctions, raffles, etc.).   

 a chance to get into the history books – Sorry.. Unlike many, this was never a big deal to me. I’ve been on bike rides with hundreds... Thousands of bikes on the ride.  I've rode exclusively with hundreds of same brand motorcycles.  There’s always a positive and negative to it (has a cool factor which is the plus, safety issues are the negative).  Hell, I wrote about it several years ago.   … I personally, was not a fan of last year’s Guinness ride. And I definitely wasn’t a fan when it went from 500 bikes to about ½ that, for a quick 4.5 mile, around the block.   Sorry.  I realize for some, it was a big deal.  After last years near miss, I remember hearing the numbers 750!  1000!. Then common sense came in and "501" was used.   Hopefully, at least 266 show up to make it worth it , for the folks that want to participate and get the Paper you pay for with your name on it.

 Free tire install – My dealer here does the same thing.   Of course, they charge you list for the tire, and eat the labor out of the margin for the tire.  It’s good business.   Good idea.  But, nothing is ‘free.’ Does anyone really believe this?  Marketing 101.  I got bent over in Sturgis 2015 over a rear tire. Over $400 when the smoke cleared.  Last week in Durango, I get bent over for $350 for the rear tire, 11k miles later.   At least with a "FREE" tire install, you see the total cost coming at you somewhat.....

 Funny thing is.. he'll be up here during our event now at the competing dealer. -  There is no event currently at a competing dealer that I’m aware of. As I have for the last Five years, I’m coming up to see family.  I’ve got Buddies from HS.   I went to HS in Oakdale MN (someone bring up google maps….   Does something jump out at you??Also, I’m coming up to ride with friends that walked away from the IARG.   There was a fiasco that occurred several months ago.  That fiasco,  began the downward spiral of the relationship I had with the dealership.     Now, with this fiasco in full bloom, a few dozen of us are talking about doing some serious riding in the area.   Many of the same people I rode with last year.  Should be a blast.  We are going to visit another dealership up there and check it out (another dealer.. hence the fear).   Hell, come join us if you want to get away from all the concrete on I-94.   In fact, the riding group I’ll be with are taking new members ……..Interested?

Remember Folks.....  nothing .. is ever FREE.  Nothing.   And sadly, this whole thing has gotten out of hand.  Hopefully this will be the last ..... 'rebuttal.'

P.S.  I need a pay raise.  Apparently some think I make more than I do ... a lot more

Comments

RickkciR said…
Note .. my phone lit up. We had some words. Hopefully ... this all behind us and the Charity stuff will move forward without more drama.