Where'd all those similar cars come from?

You ever buy a vehicle, drive it home, and suddenly notice a few of them on the road?   You start thinking " wait a minute.. I never noticed them before!"  And , most of them are in the same colors of yours?   I'm probably exaggerating a notch, but I've felt that way before.  You weren't aware of them hardly, if at all, until you were in the mix with your own.  Happened to me more than once!

Sometimes, it feels the same way with people.   We go about our merry ways in life, worried about ourselves, those closest to us, maybe our inner circle.  But, the world goes on around us, no bumps in the road, no drama.  Just , life as usual.

But, when you notice someone's bad habits, flaws, lack of character .... sometimes .... sometimes.. you start to focus on them?  Especially if it's one of your pet peeves.  And if you make the mistake of focusing too much on it, you notice other habits?  Yeah, that's me.  Hell, it happened to me again last week.  I can't help myself.  I noticed the way this one individual was eating.  There had to be like an inch between plate and mouth, with the eating utensil doubling as a shovel.  I thought "wtf?"  No big deal, but then .. it happens again.. and again.  That's when you notice the other habit.. and ..the other habit ... and ...  Sorry, I can't help it!

Well, the same thing has happened at a deeper more dramatic level the last five or six years with others.  You see the way someone treats another and you look past it.   Hey, doesn't affect me.  Then, you see it again, and again.  Then you see other personality disorders.  Eventually, if you don't keep your distance, they either bug the shit out of you 'til you run, or you point them out. Whoops.   Then, hold on for the ride!

This craziness has happened to me multiple times ... different folks, different scenarios.  After the imminent implosion, you find out .... its not just you.   If you let out the 'secret' , you realize it drove others bat shit as well.   Some saw it earlier, some saw it later.  Some laugh at you questioning how you ever missed it!    But, the strangest one is .... those that never see it.  Never saw it.  Don't get it.  Never will. 

Sometimes I wonder, which is worse. The moron at the top of the heap, or the blind sheeple ...... ?

Comments