FB Brake

Yes .. I misspelled it intentionally .. but ... aren't they the same thing?

Long story short, mama deactivated her account to take a break from the FB world.... and ... convinced me to do the same.  Problem is, if I deactivate, it has repercussions due to pages and groups I manage.  So for now, I'll just 'pull the plug' and 'ignore' it for awhile. No actual deactivation. Of course if you deactivate, many folks suddenly think you blocked them or unfriended them.  Now, they'll think I put my motorcycle into a ditch and in a coma..   I mean, how else do you explain the 'silence' .  So, breaking my own rule I did a single post this morning....  

** sniff **

Funny how it affects our lives.  Our routines.  I mean even this morning it took a major effort not to check 'notifications'.  Not to post my daily Coffee Cup pic that I've been doing for a few years. FB has become intertwined in so many other ways with  ... my .. our .. daily lives.  I've begun to use it for events ..   product information ... communication.   I used to rely on email .. then cell phone texts .. now, it seems like most is via FB's Messenger.  And from that since Skype is embedded in it, you can voice and video call folks no matter what platform they utilize.  So, they successfully intertwined themselves.  It's become a main piece of my daily life.  Couple that with the fact that I always seem to have a browser up on my laptop, it's simple to flip between tabs and read/post ... all day long.  In pure hypocrisy, if I was in an office all day long instead of the home office, I'd enforce a 'no FB' policy during work hours for everyone there.  I'd set up rules on the Firewalls to kill it and other Social Media platforms off. But then you have to keep people off their cell phones... on that note, notice who when you're at a store or restaurant, how much of the staff is f'ing around on their phones and not providing adequate service?  But... .. that's another topic.. back to  ..well .. me.  Or maybe..... you?  Because right now ... you're thinking about it aren't you?  Maybe we should do one of them stupid 'challenges' that go viral?   Take the Social Media Challenge!!!   Well, lets see how this week goes before I start something that would most likely ... flop.

Plan was to deactivate for 5 days..  .. a 5 day break/brake ...  this should be be interesting....  here we go


Comments