Chip on the Shoulder

Had two things go down in the last 24 hours that got me to thinking..........  I get along with 99% of everyone. Still,  there is that 1%...  maybe  ".5%"...that I don't?

Last night I almost got into it with someone.  Met the guy a week ago.  Last night was the second time I'd been around him.  I'm guessing he works out, blah , blah.  Now, ... problem is alcohol was flowing  ... but this morning someone mentioned a situation that happened last night that...   I'd parked it all in  the memory banks.  He and I almost got into it.  I remember we were doing some stupid "Mercy" deal .. you know  where you lock fingers turn your palms up .. and go at it.  But, I haven't done that shit in decades..  .. decades.. so I'm guessing I got sucked into it somehow.  Anyways.    shit got real at some point and ... it was broke up before .. anything "really" happened.  I remember thinking "WTF .. really?" Remember thinking 'here we go!"   Now, I couldn't give a shit about this person.  Long story short, he's now interleaved into a family situation of one of my closest friends.  But .. I'm still thinking.. "WTF?"   I most likely won't pursue the question / answer of what happened.. but .. I guarantee the next time I see him.. it'll come up.  Hell.. maybe that'll be another blog post of how I kick his ass.. or.. ummm....   the opposite (doubt it.. but . never say never).  But the real issue / question is .. why? WTF Happened?  I honestly don't know.  but.. I have a hunch he's got a chip on his shoulder.  Small man syndrome.///. some... who the f*ck knows....something.  I don't give a shit now.. so I'm pretty sure I didn't last night...  but .. something happened..  I'm 99% sure ... him.   Point being, I get along with pretty much EVERYONE .. unless.. we hit a 'bump'.

Was GOOD!


Today I was at my Fav' bar n' grill ...  'day drinking'.  Actually, we kicked it up HARD last night. I was pounding Bloody Mary's this morning to get back on my game. As luck would have it, my fav' place had Mud bugs at noon until the they were sold out.  I'm in! What I didn't realize is about 2pm , the music kicked in.  And it rocked.  So we hung out there all day, noon until dusk listening to the music after I consumed 4.5 pounds of crawfish plus shrimp and sausage.  Hahaha.. Yes.. it was good! Well, the music is jamming and a bunch of folks are on the dance floor kicking it up.  Mama and I did some time on the floor boot scootin' . but.. .. I'm not a stud in that area.  I can hold my own, but I'm a little "jelly' when folks are tearing up the floor.  Anyhows, this guy from the table next to us is killing it .  Some guys have the gift and this guy was one of those.  Anyways, after a few hours , he's walking off the dance floor and I got up.. walked right up to him with my wanna'be bad ass look and told him I had a problem with him. He's probably about 60 percent of my size , but holds his ground and is honestly confused what my problem is with him.  I explain to him quickly he's making all the rest of the guys in the bar look bad the way he's tearing up
He tore up the dance floor
that dance floor  ... etc, etc.  Needless to say he's smirking now and we're back slapping.  Point being, from that time on we're like new best friends.   Hell, the bar is packed and there are at least a half dozen guys my size , and younger .. in the bar.  This is Texas(!).   We're all nodding at each other.  Smiling.  It's another awesome day in East Texas.  Nobody has a chip. Nobody has an issue with one another. It's the way it's supposed to be. I never .. .. have issues with anyone.  Never

But... I don't get along with everyone.  Why is that?  As I've gotten older, my bullshit filter is in full effect. I'm convinced that's it. In the entire 'world', I've got an issue with only a hand full of people.  I know a LOT of folks  I have a LOT of friends.  Only a handful ( that's like five or less ) do I have an issue with.  Why?   Egos I guess.  A few Napoleon syndromes.  Two are Sociopathic Narcissists.  I'm not innocent.  I've got a large ego (.. there.. I admitted it!!!).   I just don't put up with others' BS.   Still, I get along with 99% of 'everyone'   .... seems like good odds to me.

Still...  ... if I don't get along with someone.......  I tend to believe "they" .. must be the issue.  I mean, the other 99% didn't' seem to have an issue.  So..... I play the odds..... ?  There... .I feel better now :)


Comments