I've become a Groupie


ZRB Debut Album!

Music .  We all love it. Some are fanatical.  Some can hear a song from their childhood.  From HS or College.  They can tell you whom the band is, the song, the album.  They can tell of all the concerts they attended.  Some were hardcore. Not me. I'm not that guy. I love good music, but ...  I need my playlist.  Hell, I remember several years back I bought some tickets to Keith Urban.  I picked some of the best seats in the house, for my wife's birthday gift.  Seating next to us were 1/2 dozen gals that followed him around the country and had been to god knows how many concerts. I was thinking "WTF!? Who does that?"  Now, I've been to 1/2 dozen Kenney Cheseny concerts over a period of a decade.. but.. that was it for me. And in all fairness, they were local and we normally had a full weekend party based around it. Still,  I'm not normally that 'guy'. Until now.

Zach Romo
Couple of years ago we stumbled across a local guy named Zach Romo.  His name was catchy to me.  Romo had just left as the Cowboys quarterback and "Zach" was a name I'd only attributed to a well known band (Zac Brown Band).  Point being, his name stuck with me.  I soon learned he's a former Marine which garnered my respect.  But to seal the deal is to listen to him sing.  Zach doesn't just have talent, he has a gift!  I'd asked him about ' The Voice ' and "Amercian Idol" and if I remember right he'd tried out for one of them awhile back, to no avail.   Now, he'd blow one of them shows away. He's a no-shit, real deal guy.  A force soon to be reckoned with.



Myself and Chris
He's popped up the last few years throughout Hunt County here and I always enjoy hearing his music.  The Sweet Water Grill (SWG) has become one of our favorite hangouts for several reasons. Chris the owner rocks, ladies that
Gilligans
work there are awesome, they have champagne for Lucy, they have music inside and out back.. and ...  really good food!  Zach over the last year plays here often! Additionally, the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association (CVMA) had their State meet here with over 300 members and it was an astounding success.   Last month, Zach also popped up at Gilligan's (one of my fav' stops while riding for a cold beer) in Tawakoni; incredible night with two other folks playing. I'm thinking that was the first time in decades I'd been there at night.


Over the years we've brought singers and bands in to play for weekend parties at our home. We celebrated our anniversary last year with a bang.  We did it on the actual night during the week, invited a few local friends and asked Zach if he was available.  We cranked up the margarita machine, smoked some meat, folks brought some dishes, and Zach pulled out his setup and guitar.  What a night!  I was sold!

Well, this past Friday night was the latest of 'raising the bar.'  The
Love and War in Texas  Bar/Grill
Zach Romo Band (ZRB) just released their first album and it's available on the 'net' for download, etc.  Several of us headed West to  the Big City of Dallas for his album release party.  Luckily we rolled in early and got great seats, grabbed some grub and started the drinking ( okay ..  half of us did ) .  What a night!  A shitload of regulars rolled in packing the house; Hunt Country showed up in force to give him the love, and he gave it right back!  In my opinion, he's gone big.  Gone Public.  Hasn't made the 'big time' yet pers'e but I know in my heart that's next.  Once you all learn whom he is, listen to their music... you'll be hooked.   The sky is the limit for someone like him, with his talent.

Friday night I finally bought not only the CD, but .. the shirt. I'm just pissed I didn't buy two (diff' colors). I'll find some more, or make a few personal shirts myself.   I know from here on out I'll be donning' it when I attend his performances.   I'll be buying up all CDs, koozies, hats, etc.   I'll be getting seats up front near the band. For the first time, I'm following a band. Following a Singer.  I can't believe it .. but.. I think I've just become a ZRB Groupie








Myself and Zach Romo



Comments