Life is all about ____

Motorycles .. or Jeeps .. or Vettes .. or.. SCUBA Diving .. or ... . ______ .   Sorry, this isn't about some deep meaning of life.

Depending on one's hobby(s), this may be true?   I happen to be a pretty die hard motorcycle  ... biker, rider, enthusiast, or whatever you want to call it.  Been riding for over 35 years.  Own a few bikes of different brands.  Most of my friends tie back to this fact.  We've met because of the bikes, see each other throughout the year because of the bikes.   It's a huge part of my life. And yet, its not everything ....

My First Jeep and  the LTD1000. Circa '86

 I've owned Jeeps for almost as along as I've been riding motorcycles.  I'm not as hard core with the whole Jeep thing, but damned if they haven't became 'part of me'.   I own several today and plan on doing more off-roading in the near future. 

The point of this blog post is simply that .. .when one is part of something like this, you find yourself in the midst of a lot of fanatics.   Each group (motorcycles, Jeeps, etc) start to mirror each other.   If you don't have one, you're not in the clique.  Certain models or brands, are coveted  or .. not.  There are multiple forums for them.  There are multiple FB groups and pages for them.  You see meme after meme about the lifestyle.  In fact the meme's start to look alike after awhile; just change the name of the hobby.  Funny thing about all this is ... each group seems to believe their 'lifestyle' is the only one.  They can't grasp how life for other's exists? I'm exaggerating a notch, but ... maybe not so much?  

Just something I've been thinking about lately as I become more and more into "Jeeping" this year.  Or maybe I just need a good Motorcycle Rally to get my head straight?   Or more time under the water's surface.  Or maybe, it's time to join the Local Hot Rod club and dust off the Camaro?






Comments