In Search of Better Health: Part VI

Been on this subject for about a year or so .. more ... now.

Seems like it was 'yesterday' when I saw a pic of myself down in Mexico and thought "WTF?!?" as my weight had upped towards 330.    Since then, I've been focused on my caloric intake, type of calories, etc.   As always, my gym time goes and comes, with the health of my lower back.

Last week my back took me to a dark place, but I've come back around.  This afternoon I take the next step with some testing and see what the future holds for me in this area.   But, the real story is the scale.   I've been 'stuck' for months and months just under 300lbs.   That's been my 'normal' weight for about 13 years...but I've been trying to get lower, without doing anything drastic.  It's seemed strange how I've been 'stuck' at this weight.  Well, last week when dealing with my back issue, I also got the Flu.  Here's where it gets weird.  After 3 days of dealing with the flu, then another 3 days healing my back ...  the scale dropped 10lbs.  At first I thought I was dehydrated.   But here I am a week later and 4 days in a row, the scale is still 'down'.  Basically, my system got forced to the next level.  True weight loss.   Hey, I'll take it!   My new norm weight is under 290 and it feels good.  Now, time to target the next goal.   Problem is ..   I've got sunshine and Florida on my mind.  Along with that comes awesome seafood and beachide drinks; all that shit has calories.

............the battle continues!




In search of Better Health : Part 1

In Search of Better Health: Part II


In Search of Better Health: Part III

In Search of Better Health - Part IV

In Search of Better Health - Part V

 

Comments