Thar's Gold in dem' hills!

 Well, finally did it.  I've considered it for a few years, but .... drug my feet.  Until yesterday.

Few years ago, I was at a charity event.   I bought an older gold coin.  I probably over paid for it, but ...  as a I said .. was a charity event.  Following year, did the same.  Parked them in my home safe and never thought much about it since.  But, deep down...   wanted to buy some larger coins.  Who doesn't want 'gold?'  But the price is high.  Back then it was well over $1,000 an ounce.  We've all seen the commercials ... "Invest in Gold!"  .. " Invest in Silver!"..  The time is NOW!  But every time I looked at the charts, seemed like some poor bastards got screwed as the prices went south.  But as of recent, prices for Gold have been going up ($2,000/oz).  Silver seems to have plateaued and nowhere to go .. but up .. ( or .. DOWN! .. lol) For me, with my Armageddon concerns, I view it as a more solid currency if shit ever goes south.  If our economy takes a massive hit after the election mess coming up, it's a potential hedge.  If nothing else ...   another investment option.  So, decided to make the plunge.


Few months ago, I was considering heading to downtown Dallas.  At least one business down there legitimately deals in selling/buying the various metals.   And of course all the websites out there such as MONEX whom have a shitload of commercials on the 'tube.  But I was reading a financial blog the other day and the author mentioned SDBULLION.  So, I headed over there and ... it caught my attention.  So, after running this by momma and convincing here it was a viable option in the grand scheme of things......   executed.  Wired funds over there and in a few days, should be in the mail headed to Texas.  Free Shipping so that sounded painless.  Few extra bux to get it all insured.   Got the gold coins in 4 different determinations to test the water.  Once I get them, I'll do a 'test fit' into our Safe Deposit Box.  The last thing I want is to need a huge one at a large annual cost.  But .. we shall see.  Too bad I don't have a massive safe here at the home bolted to the floor in a safe room ....    though I fantasize about that.  If I ever built another home, I'd have a 12x12 room in the center, security console, walls covered with guns, additional safes and..... and ....and ... .. never mind.  No more new home builds for me... ...   safe deposit box it is

Now ... off to check out the Silver options ....


UPDATE 23SEP:  Everything showed up today. Lets just say ..that silver is HEAVY!!!   The Gold, not so much.  Took that immediately to the safe deposit box.  Sort of crazy how this lil light box cost 15x what the monster heavy box of silver is..... but, that's the nature of the beast!

Comments