Cheap Options or Travel Suicide?

Looking closely at booking options for my next Mexico trip and two options keep jumping out at me .  First one is HURB and the second is TRIP.COM .   They are both significantly lower than others.  The pricing seems legit since most of these places discount the crap out of their rooms anyways.   Still, reviews will make one a notch nervous ....

HURB appears to be a Brazilian company with a horrible customer service record.  Still, if all I need is a basic/base room at an All Inclusive booked, good enough?   I mean you put this on your credit card and if shit goes south ....    call the CC and deny the charge?   But, I can see how this has been painful to quite a few folks whom booked on short notice and things got ugly via BS cancellations by HURB itself apparently.

TRIP.COM appears to be legit but the twist here is apparently it's a Chinese company.  Still, I can see where folks have bitched but .. their flights were actually booked.  Their rooms were actually booked. The kicker is ... there are some crazy price differences here which make them an option.  They pop up often on TripAdvisor and Kayak.com

As I type this and grab a screen shot shown below as an example of a SECRETS property in the Rivera Maya, I see yet a third option .. Travelup... well.. that's a first.  Guess I'm off to check them next?  .....  ...  back here typing after an hour or so.  Damned... crazy amount of bad reviews as well.  Have to admit, I'm still tempted to leverage one of these to get a low cost deal with one of the resorts, but will I regret it?  I believe by calling the 'front desk' of the hotel and leveraging these three sites, may be able to get a price match 'playing dumb' and just pointing them to the sites/pricing? 

 

As I'm finishing up, I stumble across an Allianz Travel travel insurance option I was completely unaware of.  I've historically always bought travel insurance. This can cost $100-$200 per trip, per person. BUT, this appears to be valid ALL YEAR LONG for all trips, starting at $135?   Now... this .. has got my attention!  This is an awesome deal if you take more than one trip a year .... definitely has my attention!      After reading through the policy, I'll be purchasing THIS for a years worth of travel in the future!

 

 

Now .. .time ...to make some travel plans!  I'll review this list for options .. but ...   then .. do some scheming?  

UPDATE:  After posting this, I immediately forwarded this to one of my close friends, Michael H.  He buzzed me back within seconds; timing is everything?  He was looking for a cheap SCUBA Vaca' in late December so it hit home with him. He reminded me of the company he used last month on my B'day trip; allinclusiveoutlet.com.  Has the same look and feel as the first 3 I mention,and .. it's legit!  I spent a few moments surfing their page and they have some incredible deals.   We have .. another option!

 


Comments