Guns n' Hoses

 

Nice Challenge Coin

 Gun and Hoses Foundation of North Texas.  Two years ago I'd attended my first one at Sweet Water Grill down the road from  me.  Was a beautiful day, lotsa' friends, great music, outstanding fund raiser. Last years was canx due to the Wuhan BS, but this year's was a go.

SWG
 Kind of wish it'd been on Saturday which was a gorgeous day outside, but ... not to be.  Yesterday was a cloudy drizzly one, but they still had a good showing. Crawfish was a' boiling, few friends rolled in, music indoors, and they had some tents with vendors outside, and the back bar area they had event merchandise setup.  Picked up a few shirts, back the blue hat, a coin and ....   then asked my favorite question now a days .. "How do you distribute to those in need?"  Well, they brought over a lady that gave me a little background, told me they give $20k (per) families of the fallen fireman and police officers, and provide scholarships for their kids when possible.  Ripped at my heart, so I opened the wallet and grabbed all the big bills I had in there and handed them over.  Apparently that's not the norm, because she immediately went over and brought the founder of the charity over whom gave me yet more info on it all, we shook hands and parted ways after a nice discussion.  Not often we get the opportunity to contribute to something that actually matters; yesterday was on of those days I got the chance.  Quick overview of their web page gives a lil info, and most importantly one of their latest 990s. I've found one I'll continue to support in the future!

Comments