KRUSH .... ....

Took the new bike out  ... '21 Chieftain Dark Horse Burnt Orange Metallic Smoke  ... to be exact.  While riding the last 100 miles yesterday got the mind to wandering on .. names.  Historically over the last forty years I don't normally name 'em , but ..  as of late, I've got a bad habit.  Krome, Sugar B, Double V, Gray Horse, Willow, Beast .... so figured this one needed a name to keep things straight.  Sticking with the K' theme (ricKKcir .. Krome ..)..  was thinking what to do with the Orange  ... Orange crush ... no .. orange krush .. .. no  ... KRUSH.  So there you have it.. done .. time to move on .. lol

Took off a few days ago out on a 500 mile weekend, with 12 miles on the odometer.  Had I rode it around prior I might.. have changed out that seat.  With no back support and ...  not made for tall guys ... well, lets say it got uncomfortable after a few miles.  So .. what to do ...  I really like the look of it so I could have sent it to Alligator Bob for a reshape and a gel pad.  but, I'd be out of a seat for awhile.  I could get another Corbin like I have on Krome.  Few years ago I bought an ultimate 'solo' seat for the gray horse with an integrated back rest, but I've never liked the look of it on there.  Right seat, wrong bike.  Did some double checking and it'll work on this one so last night I ordered the passenger pillion for it.  Called up my fav' dealer and they have the passenger 12" backrest so also got an ultimate pad for that.  After the trip, I realized I need that setup for luggage; only way to go. So hopefully before my upcoming Iron Butt run, I'll have this configured correctly.

Had the boards lowered out the gate so they are good to go, but the highway bar pegs are too far out so they need a slight adjustment. Handlebars are mid rise so they are good to go, equipped with heated grips, a first for me. Not 100% happy with the stock mirrors but I'll leave them for now.  Exhaust is upgraded with TAB slip-ons which sound awesome.  I thought I wanted it louder .. but... for a trip bike, probably a mistake.  So, no zombie baffles for now. With the stock 116 and performance mode, I'm 100% happy with the bike's power.   All that leaves is the audio.  I've upgraded it to the Power band setup, but the rear lids are on back order.  I'm guessing it's going to sound incredible when they come in, 'cause it's pretty bad ass now.

So...    I believe I've got the new long range "IBA" bike figured out for it's final configuration. New lids should be in next month and it'll all be complete.  Now, time to swap out the initial oil and really break it in.   This thing.. .wants to haul ass!  Time to find out just how well it does.........

Update 11 May 2021:  Ultimate passenger pads on back order.  Guess I'll pop on Krome's seat , etc for the next long ride until the new stuff arrives..... 

 


KRUSH


Comments