Carvana Part II

 Well, few weeks ago I'd wrote about all this here >>   CARVANA  .  I can now take a look back and do a true review on it all .....

Was it a good experience?  YES

Would I do it again?  YES

Would I recommend them?  YES

Not to repeat any of my previous blog linked above ... once we got delivery of the Macan, within a few days I took it to the new Porsche dealer in McKinney.  This place is brand new .. but...  Justin, my service guy handling everything has over ten years with the company, moving from the Dallas area dealership.  The mechanics are all experienced and many came over from the other dealership.  So, I had a warm fuzzy.   They did a thorough inspection of the Macan and found two things.  The rear brakes were close to needing replacement and their was an oil leak from the motor.  They thought it was the valve cover gasket, but turned out to be related to the timing chain cover.  Either way, all this was expensive to fix; make right.  So, I contacted Carvana since I was still in my 7 day grace period to ask what we do now.  If they wouldn't do anything, I was going to return it since we were talking about $3500 of work here.  The oil leak would have been covered by Porsche since it's still under warranty, but the brakes were over $1k. Carvana has a 100 day 4k mile extended warranty for the vehicle with SilverRock .. but...I was wary.  Justin at Porsche called SilverRock and after an hour plus of his time.... got it all authorized!  Was surprised the brakes were all covered.  So, I'm in ...   Additionally, I'm not sure what service has been done on this vehicle after the initial 19k miles since it doesn't show up in their system sooooooooooo..... make the decision to also have a combined 30k/40k mile service done on the vehicle to ensure EVERYTHING is 100% . It's got 38k on the odometer.

Picked it up today and aside from the cost of the service work I authorized (hey ... these European vehicles are expensive to maintain!) ... perfecto.  Drives like New.  Looks like New.  Performs like a Fat Sportscar.  I'm in heaven. Looking forward to our first road trip to get a feel for the mileage.  Combined its' been 19.5mpg ... wondering how the highway mileage will be.  Soon, we find out!

VRrrroooooooooooooooooooom







Comments

Tim said…
Good writeup... Now, where is that Maserati I was looking at...
RickkciR said…
Bahahahaha... Soooo many options out there. Seen a few Jags and Maserati's that made me crank my head around. I plan on putting a lot of miles on this one... at least more than we did that boxter that lived in the garage :)
Tim said…
I had my eye and sat in a '19 Levante, loaded and a lease return from FL. Price on it was 50% of what it was new. I drove the base model the owner was driving and I was impressed with the 6 cylinder Ferrari motor. I told the guy I did NOT want to drive the one that was tucked away (thankfully) because knowing myself, I would be driving that today. Did all the research on the truck cost of ownership, talked to a service manager at the local Maserati shop, insurance was not bad. Started seeing them more on the road and I waited long enough and it sold or he put it back to auction. Now you got me rethinking!!!!
RickkciR said…
Made me look that up ... very sharp! Only 3 on Carvana, one in the progress of being sold. Sharp '20 for mid 70's ...