Carvana

 Lucy has been asking me to sell her Boxster for some time now.  It's rarely driven and ...  to be honest, lil too small for me.  The few times I do, I drop the top, tear up the two laners and ..... she complains that I sweat too much ...and ... then it smells like sweat.  What!?!?!  ME?  lol   Sooooooo... I succumbed.  Put it out on Social Media seeing if I had any bites.... nada .. zilch.  I'd have sold it for $40k, below book to friends or family. Awesome '15 with only 13k miles on it, and like brand new.  Oh Well.  I ask the Porsche dealer and they offer me 40k ( I paid about 53k for it 4 or 5 years ago, 2 years old).  I'm thinking hmmmm.. not too bad.  That night I see a Carvana commercial on TV and think .. hey ... wtf.. let's give it a try. Within minutes I have an offer of about 42k.  I'm thinking .. 'really?'   What the hell .. I'm in .  I have to make a copy of my drivers license ... upload... fine.  Then of the odometer... fine.   Well, we head to MS then they want a pic of the title, etc.  So many POS's out there gaming the system; I get it.  But.. I dropped the ball and forgot about it all. Well, few weeks later... I start the process again .. the vehicle is still saved in their system, but I have to get a new quote....  up to 47k!   REALLY?   Procrastinating got me an additional $5k!   Well, they push for you to trade it in and save the taxes you'd pay getting it somewhere else, if you buy one..... initially I blew that off... but... we'd had a Macan loaner a few years ago and really liked it... which got me to thinking.  Did a Macan search and a shitload of them.. Then looked up the Macan S and another shit load of them.  Well, that leaves the turbo and the GTS which there were only a few of ...    and .. the GTS called my name.  So, spotted a '17 with double the miles of the Boxster, had to ante up a few bills .. and ... SCORE!   Few clicks later, it's a done deal.  I'm wondering how this is all going to play out but....   I'm game.

Well, today, few weeks later and several reschedules for shipping .. some on them, others due to me...   it finally showed up.  My Boxster is in excellent condition as is this Macan from what I can see.  Soon as the girl off loaded it, I took it around the 'block' and got it up over 100mph a half dozen times, then slammed the brakes to test it out.  YES!   Felt a lil' stiff on the suspension but later on I realized it's suspension was in  SPORT GT mode (racing) and ... explains it.  Thought the power band would be different, but put it in SPORT .. or .. SPORT GT (!!!!) .. and... everything changes. The engine and suspension are kicked up. This 3.0 with turbos SCREAMS.  

So ... we've got a new daily driver / trip car.  The Grand Cherokee is up over 100k miles and with the Hemi... perfect for towing everything we have now.  This Porsche for now goes front and center for trips to MS.  Once I get a feel for the gas mileage, it'll seal the deal. The Grand Cherokee gets about 21mpg at 80mph combined City/HWY with it's 5.7 V8 Hemi.  This Macan is supposed to be similar; we shall see.

Still can't believe the vehicle rolled in just like the one in the commercial. I thought no way.. but there's the white carhauler just like the commercial.  Young lady pulled out the paperwork, signed it all .. done.  No BS.   As I type this ... Carvana?  I'm a fan! I've got a no BS 7 day drive it or return it option.  Have a 100 day, 4k mile warranty.  Not bad?

 New owner of that Boxster is going to be in Heaven ...   we were.










Comments

Tim said…
Since you have the 4-day no BS return, take it to your local Porsche dealer and have them run a red-line diagnostic on the motor to see if the previous owner(s) red-lined the motor. Co-worker lost a few grand after his buyer asked to see the report and it had been red-lined by the previous owner.
RickkciR said…
Really .. I'd never heard of that before.. they don't have a rev limiter on these things?
Tim said…
Yes sir. He never thought about it when he bought the car either. I was going to do the same if I would have moved closer to buying a Levante
RickkciR said…
Tim .... good news for me .. that is with the manual trans .. mine is an Auto. Took it to the dealer and got some good news... still under warranty as a Certified vehcile and only problem they found was a leak on the valve cover, which is covered under warranty. This one is also a higher end model than I'd realized and has all the bells and whistles. Worked out!
RickkciR said…
Update.. this just gets better! Took it to the dealer for the inspection. Found that the front brakes should be replaced... and .. the Valve Cover Gaskets are leaking. The cost to fix? $4100.00 ! But, Silver Rock is the warranty company tied to Carvana and they just approved the fix. My cost? $100 total. This just gets better and better ...
RickkciR said…
Picked it up today and wrote "part 2" to this post. I'm in LOVE.. this thing ROCKs!
Tim said…
Awesome news... Good read on your follow-up. Wanted you to be sure that bad boy wasnt beat on by some bonehead!!!!
Tim said…
Crap, just noticed I was not getting your notices...