INDIAN RIDERS FEST 2022




Gotta admit....  this is COOL.  They kicked it up in 2019, and of course .. wuhan crap nulled '20 and '21 .. but ... they are back and in full force.  Tamara Smith attended back in '19 and I was Jelly as hell; swore I'd attend the next one... but ...  not to be for now.   My '22 schedule is completely swamped and to be honest... not sure it calls to me like it used to .. more to follow on that. 


I wrote about this two years ago : THE ULTIMATE INDIAN MOTORCYCLE EVENT OF 2020!!!   It wasn't to be but 2019 was a blowout and looked awesome.  Had that pandemic not hit, would have been epic?  One has to believe, '22s WILL be epic.  Read they have over 30 countries represented and over 1,000 registrations with over six months to go... not bad? They look to be doing a parade of bikes, but thank god they aren't doing the 'Guinness' crap. That whole thing gets friggn' old.  Still, I'll be smiling if they have 700+ Indians in a parade of sorts; just because.  But what really gets' my attention here is Indian Motorcycle corporate backs this which is rare among most events across the globe.  Hell, Gregory's Indian Motorcycle of Little Rock is one of THE top dealers in the world and ...  they barely gave vocal or written/official support about their event back in late '19.  So to get the name behind this one is ... 'huge!'.  

FB Page:  https://www.facebook.com/IndianRidersFestBudweis/  

Still, for me personally ..... though it sounds awesome, I've become somewhat jaded about manufacturer specific events.   I own more than a few Indian Motorcycles .. I'm fanatical about them to be honest .. but...  I no longer attend Indian "ONLY" events lately.  I've always been open minded on the subject, but as many do .. got caught in the hoopla of it all for a decade.  I guess because there were so few Indians a decade ago....  it mattered to me more?  We were the 'few' ... now, you see Indians everywhere.  Not as often as HDs of course, but ... often.  I rarely am the 'only' one ...so it's lost that angle.  Now, I'll still attend certain events, etc... but ...  its more due to the friendships I've made over the years and maintained.  But not just because there are 300 bikes rolling into Colorado for "The Rendezvous!" ..  I simply don't care anymore .. or at least not at the same level I used to.

Something about the 'only my brand' mentality has bugged me the last few years ...   Again, I'm fanatical about the Indian Motorcycle brand.... have been for decades now.  But, there are some over the top HDs out there that make me break my neck for them.  Some over the top customs.  Some pretty cool jap brand models that look good.  Some crotch rockets give me a woody.  But...   to think one's brand .. model .. whatever, is THE ONLY ONE(!!) .. is .. well.... bs .

So, as of late I've been pushing back on brand specific events though... doesn't mean I'll never attend in the future.  There's always a time and a place for me ...   in the meantime .. I've come to enjoy my Brotherhood and Sisterhood in military related events / associations.  Specifically, the CVMA. We all change as time goes on.... and this one has called my name.  For now.. it's my focus.  And just to stir shit up, looking forward to rolling up on my ZX14R at a Chapter ride maybe to fuck with a few ... that might be worthy of a future blog post? Let's say  .. jap bikes are few and far between and ...  crotch rockets/sport bikes?  R A R E  


Happy New Year!




Comments