Dry January

Over the last decade we've done this about a half dozen times.  Park the alcohol intake for a month and do a reality check.  The first time we did it I didn't want to.  Seemed pointless.  But when the smoke cleared felt really good.  Helped me put certain things in a better perspective.  I guess for some, ensures they don't have an actual problem.  I knew I didn't but yet I didn't want to do it so that made me wonder about myself as a minimum.  Nowadays, I view it as a 'reboot' of sorts.

In the past the problem was always my 'schedule'.   Had a business trip with buddies that like to put them back.  Trip to Mexico at an All Inclusive.   Someone had a party scheduled.  A bike trip .. something.  But this year, nothing on the calendar. In fact I've had two sets of friends ask if we want to do a weekend with them but I'm pushing back without getting into all this.

I've got at least three other people joining me in this endeavor.  Hell, I've got several friends that REALLY need to do this for a sanity check.  Ensure they don't have an actual problem.  I think several of them would be freaking out after a week. Might even have a case of the DTs.  One could argue that scenario is the true purpose of a Dry January.  I've read where more than one person began their sobriety journey  due to this event.

Me ... I'm looking forward to maybe dropping a few pounds.  More time in the gym.  Figuring out what to do with my weekends and make them more productive.

Let the fun begin ...

#DryJanuary 




Comments

RickkciR said…
Walk along the beach this morning. Perfect start