Jeep Life

Ordered some stickers for the windows and badges for the fenders of several jeeps ... and .. .it got me to thinking. I've been fanatical about Jeeps for almost four decades now.  Knew I'd written about this a lil before ....  but...  continuing the journey ...

Sticker for the rear window.  Got 4 different colors
Fender badge

Previously written posts ..

It's a Jeep thing .....

It's a Jeep thing ....(part 2) 

And a few others here  ..  

Since then .... few things have changed. I made the tough decision to sell my '02 TJ (Dusty) to my cousin.  The cool part is after he had it shipped to FL, he did some upgrades and fixes then shipped it to Puerto Rico where it now resides at his new home. Looking forward to a trip there this year and see him, Darlene.. and ... Dusty! I'd bought that to do some hard core 4 wheeling but ... only had it out once, in AZ early last year.   In retrospect, wish I'd pushed it a lil harder.

"gray wolf" in MS

We picked up a '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4 door (JLUR) for the MS property.  Did some upgrades to it to make it 'perfect.' A level kit, 37s', lights, auto running boards and a killer stereo with speaker upgrades and 3 amps.  Down on the coast Jeeps are the rave and I feel right at home with this one.  They have a Jeeping the Coast event every June and it's a blast.  Upwards of 5,000 rolled in this past year; continues to grow every year.  I've got the garage rigged to get the top off easily and have some door hangars on the walls so this summer is going to be a topless one.  Five months to go until the Jeeping the Coast event.

Then was the 'big purchase.'.  My trip cars have historically been Grand Cherokees but last year I traded up to a Grand Wagoneer.  With a 6.4 392ci Hemi, this thing is awesome.  Loaded with every option, it's pure luxury that will go most anywhere I need/want to.  We've already put over 20k miles on it in less than 12 months and I'm hooked.  I can see putting 200k miles on this before moving on to whatever awaits us next. Hell, planning a 3,000 round trip to Key West next month and the thought of spending the time in this, puts a smile on my face. Wednesday I get it it all tinted out to the max for the OG look.

392 in the background
The latest one is a '23 392 Wrangler.  We  traded our Porsche Macan for this thing , and it's pure beast.  We call it HotRod due to it's speed.  This thing with 35's will do a 13 second quarter mile.  That's old Muscle Car territory!  Again, fully loaded out, no holds barred.  On this one however, we don't plan on any mods keeping it 100% stock.  With a sliding top, 35's and lift from the factory should be all we need .. I hope... lol.  It gets the tint treatment right after the waggoneer. 

I've gone all in on the Jeep life, so to speak. All I own today. I've owned one since '86 and don't see myself ever without one.... I'm hooked.  I'd like to think I'm done acquiring them, but I have a CJ7 fetish and would still like to get another one.  Then lift, 36" mudders, V8, killer stereo ... then .. maybe then .. I might be done?   I came across a show quality one late last year but couldn't make myself do it... wasn't exactly what I was looking for and I'd just found myself throwing more money at it.  Really want something that is 'perfect' and sits in the garage with the top off , waiting for perfect days to be driven.

Problem is .. on those perfect days ... I'm usually on a motorcycle. So confusing ;)



New Tint

  New Tint

New Tint ( fuzzy mess)




 


Comments