Challenger Review : 2K miles

 Crazy part is I bought my bike several months ago on a whim.  Was fat, dumb and happy on my Chieftain.

Lets go back two decades.  Owned a Kawi' Vulcan 1500.  That, was a nice sized bike. Then in '09 got a Kings Mountain Chief.  That .. was a big bike.  I was sitting on a few Victory Cross Countrys along the way...   Big Bikes!   Then I got a '14 Chieftain and .. they shrunk them.  Had to lower the boards, change out the seat and the bars and ... they were comfortable.  Along the way, owned 3 HDs ...  were't big bikes (Road King, Street Glide and Road Glide). Well, the Challenger... is a big bike!

Now, I'm sitting with my feet firmly planted , straight legged.  The length feels correct to me.  Out the gate, comfortable!  I did change out the bars to some taller ones, but in all fairness .... I'm 6'4".  Over the last 4 months I've acquired two challengers.  I chose not to get a pursuit which is basically a Challenger with the lowers and tour pak.  I know .. I know.. there's more to it.. but... that about covers it.  I chose not to and ...... changed it up

My '22 Challenger was fairly stock then added lowers, upped the speakers to six total, then swapped out bars, boards, seat, etc, etc... added the Leather Tail bag, etc.   The '22 can still take a tune (newer ones have encrypted ECU/ECMs . ) So I did. Bottom line, this sucker rocks.  The '24 Elite is a work of art.  Added bars but that's about it.  

These things ride like a dream. Handle like a dream.  Smooth power band.  Haven't had it over 120MPH yet, but both will go past 100MPH in 4th gear with another 1k of RPMs and  ... 2 gears .. to go.  The '24 has a speed limiter on it, but the '22 ...  rumor has it (ssshhh) 145+.    Point being, awesome power. Both have awesome power though the '22 you can tell it's got more with the Tune.

Traded in my '21 Chieftain for the '24 Challenger.  They just feel small to me now.  I'll keep my other ones for now.. but... maybe...  will trade off the '14 Vintage I rarely ride. It's lowered 2" so ... looks pretty small on me.  Krome, my '14 Chieftain, doubt I'll ever part with it.  It's part of me now.  

So, bottom line, F'N love the Challengers. The PP108 is a rockstar engine.  The suspension rocks.  The handling .. rocks.  The bike.... AWESOME


2022 Challenger




2024 Challenger Elite 


Comments