Kennedys' retiring

Damned..they beat me to it!   Mark n' Nancy's kids threw them a retirement party this past week at The Brass Rail.  That's our old throwback place from the DET that Mel reopened next door in a nice modern space.  She's still doing the bartending which is sorta surreal to me... a throwback in time for me I guess.

This past Friday we rolled into the Brass Rail around 1800 hrs and The fun began.  Mark n Nancy were there of course, Mike Grasta, their kids, Larry Kea and the list grew from there.  Jerry and Donna rolled in, Mark Eaton and many many other folks that I've met over the last 27 years via Mark n Nancy, or my years at the DET on the program.  Lehockys where there; I've known Ken since my Omaha days and we served together in Desert Storm flying together on a shit load of missions in the desert.  Hell, Grasta and I go back all the way to our early Keesler days.   So there I am with dozens and dozen of folks that spanned almost the last 4 decades of my life personally... yep for me, an AWESOME NIGHT.  We planned for three hours but it'd be six hours later before we pulled the plug.  Looked at my bar bill in disbelief (low, not high), closed out and headed home feeling good after quite a few waters there in the last hour, cruise set!

Kennedys actually pull the plug this coming Friday ready to start enjoying seven Saturdays a week ...  gotta' admit I'm sorta Jelly. I've posted before where I could have fully retired...   can now.  But won't due to my current situation of my ability to travel / work simultaneously.   But the thought of zero work stress is intriguing!  Thought of not pulling up that work email multiple times a day, 365 days a year.  Thought of every day being a 'Saturday'.... yep .. it crosses my mind often.  Kennedys are making that a reality as have many of my friends!   

This Friday we celebrate one more time with them ....   their final Friday end of the work week.... good days ahead!




Comments