Cheap and Carb'd up

This past week we were in Galveston for Mardi Gras.   Between good eats, bars and parades, we made it to the gym.  My plan was to hit it several times, every other day .. but.....

We have one over near Pirates Beach (West End Gym) and Jamaica Beach (Gymaica Gym).  Pricing them out reminded me of the old days when I did a lot of business travel and hit the local gyms.  Short version and to the point, $10 a person, per day.  Now you can do $40 for the week, $80 for the month or sign up for a year at $40/mo but .. are you kidding me?   Planet Fitness has $10/mo option with no contracts or $20/mo ($275 a year approx total) and you can use them nationwide.  Except, we don't have one on the Island.  I've got a full blown commercial quality gym in my garage here at home .. but .. that's not on the Island.  So.... we did one workout ( that was over $22 for one hour , in and out , for the two of us).  Sorry .. that's just fucking theft.   Guess, I should have opened it so I was in the money instead of whining about having to pay it? It all brings me back to the old days when I always found a local gym, bitched about the cost .. but... paid it anyways.  Used to love my business trips to military bases since I had free reign over their facilities and still do of course.  I also found my fav' hotels that had some killer gyms, since 95% of them .. have shitty excuses for workout facilities.   Now, I need to figure out what I do for my next trip down here.  Suck it up or ...  have an alternate plan.  Workout Bands?  Old school pushups?   Not sure.. but.. one this is certain.  I'm Cheap!

In the gym this morning and noticed something right away.  Few weeks ago I was in the Caribbean on my motorcycle, short sleeves or sleeveless and noticed in the pics... my arms had gone to shit.  I was worried about Keto eating away on my muscle.  Well, after a few days of introducing carbs back into my diet and slinging some weights around I'm reminded of my old competition days..  After a contest, I'd relax my eating and usually blow up 10 to 20 pounds in a one week period.  Why?  Because, I'd depleted my carbs and our muscles are about 75% water.   So, no carbs, no water.   Eat
correctly, and bam.....   full muscles .  Simple as that.  Needless to say, my concerns have been negated and I've haven't withered away.   But now....   need to find a happy medium .  I think I've got a book around here with the answers in it... read it a few years back .  But.. where the hell did I put it.  What was it called?  Crap .. it's here somewhere....   I need diet answers!   Ha....  found it!







Ricky n' Lucy's Gym





Comments