ETA Insurance maze


This is the yet another in a series,  about our trip.



I travel to Mexico at least once a year since 2004.  One of the costs I always incur is travel insurance.  I initially bought it because of "what if I can't go" and need a refund.  On the opposite end of the spectrum, friends of ours 'self insure' and never buy it.  They've never needed it and argue it pays for another vacation in itself with the money they save.  About 10 years ago we were in Cozumel departing for the US when we came across another couple who were banged up and telling their story.  They'd both rented mopeds but found themselves in an accident.  A local caused it, the mopeds had damage and they'd gone to the hospital. Here's where it got interesting to me.  They owed $4500 to the Moped rental company and the Hospital.   However, they couldn't leave the Island without paying it all, and were at risk of jail time if they didn't.   I've spun that in two directions since that day.  First, I use it in political discussions when we talk about illegals in this country getting benefits handed to them in contrast to what happened to these legal tourist, but for this blog post, the important part.  I have ALWAYS taken it out ever since, to cover my ass.  I came across info that if they'd taken out full blown travel insurance ( $150 or so per person), that couple would have been covered during that fiasco.  I ALWAYS take out the vehicle insurance when renting as well.  I think it's an overpriced scam of sorts, but you are covered if something crazy happens, like a local taking you out?

Last year when I signed up for the ETA Motorcycle Cruise, we were told we had to have vehicle Insurance and provide proof of it.  The cruise ship also had a Travel Insurance option that I opted for as I always do.  At this point, I never considered the insurance topic again, until a few days ago when I began peeling back the layers of the "ETA Onion", so to speak.  Just yesterday I questioned the "Island Insurance" and what it is since nothing is really explained .. anywhere ... by ETA on their official website or official FB page or paperwork sent to us.

Here is what we were told in ETA paperwork (I added the italic and bold print)

"Each Cruise Line offers option to purchase Travel Insurance. Cruise Care Travel Vacation Programs are offered by each Celebrity Cruises and MSC.  Travel Insurance is available and will protect your cost involved should you need to cancel your reservation Due to Medical Occurrence, Illness, Hospitalization, Family Illness, etc. .  Details on Coverage’s and Exclusions may be located on the cruise lines website. Your ETA Confirmation Sheet list the cost associated to add travel insurance to your reservation. If opting to select insurance you will need to notify our office as soon as you elect. "

".....the only other ETA related charges is a one-time cash bike fee on the first day of sailing. Collected Per Bike.   Bike Fee is determined on cruise length and is noted on your Confirmation. This fee takes care of fuel, port permits and insurance. "

More than ever I'm now questioning what insurance covers what, if an incident happens on the ship or on an Island.  We have three potentially overlapping Insurances and it's becoming confusing, who covers what?  This is coming from a entity that goes on and on about how customer Safety is their foremost concern and they have a 100% perfect safety track record.  I've already addressed how that isn't true with at least two major accidents in recent years.  But what bugs me, really bugs me .. is what happened yesterday. This was posted on the ETA Motorcycle Cruise FB page

"Today in Aruba was a weather perfect day. However, unfortunately one of our operators took a turn to wide and ended up going down. As safety is our #1 concern for our guests, she was taken to the hospital where she was treated and is being released and brought back to the ship before we head out to Curacao later tonight.
So for ALL ETA guests..... our insurance policy and ETA policy is that you must take out Travel Insurance on your own or through Celebrity Cruises via ETA. Failure to obtain will cancel your bike reservation . This was a very seasoned operator. So one never knows when something can happen and we do not want our guests not to be properly covered. For the small fee to cover you it is well worth it: especially when you’ve paid good money for these tours and having peace of mind is by far well worth it.
Those already booked will be receiving an email from our office pertaining to the automatic chg for each reservation.
Thank you."


Then of course, all the comments that inevitably follow ...

LH: Question, I understand having travel insurance for hospital and evacuation if "necessary, what does the insurance we pay for in cash, , "Insurance for all island rides. " cover? Just accidents on the islands?
ETA: as with any insurance coverage of third party insurance, operator error is not covered. If an operator causes their own error it will only be covered through travel insurance which is the responsibility of each guest. As with anyone who rents anything on any island you are only covered for accidents involving another vehicle.
Real simple.... it is now in effect that all ETA guests must carry travel insurance for their own medical coverages. ETA has always offered it but it is now mandatory
ME:  Why is it NOW mandatory?  Why in the hell hasn't it always been mandatory??? Where is this breakdown of specifics that third party insurance? Does it even actually exist?
 JC: Question. First I'm glad the lady is doing good. But does your insurance cover bike damage in this situation?
ETA: both. Real simple Jeff, all ETA guests must take out travel insurance to cover bike and person for operator error.  
ME:  Wait!  Why wasn't this explained to my group?  So we were at risk???
SS (Road Captain):  It’s better to have and not need it than to need and not have it.
ETA: exactly
ME:  EXACTLY.  Why weren't we told all this??? 
 
 First of all, you've got to feel for the rider that went down.  Never a good thing on vaca' or anytime.  Sounds like they made it back to the ship okay by the end of the day.  But what jumps at me is "our insurance policy and ETA policy is that you must take out Travel Insurance on your own or through Celebrity Cruises via ETA. Failure to obtain will cancel your bike reservation"    Really?  I was never told that.  In fact, it was OPTIONAL when I and the rest of our crew signed up.   They've been doing this TWENTY years.  They had major accidents back around 2008 and 2014.  You know other things have to have happened in that twenty years, with 500 or so bikes every year on those Island roads.  Why is this only now, becoming a priority? Why isn't it all spelled out for customers so they can make an informed decision?  

Edited:  Few moments ago I got this from my Insurance agaent asking about coverage on the Islands 
 "Unfortunately any insurance company you can find in the US will not have that coverage either. The only thing I can think of is maybe doing some local coverage with those specific locations or talking to the cruise company to see if they offer anything."


But wait, there's more!   Here is Celebrity's Insurance.   https://www.celebritycruises.com/au/travel-insurance 

 But , which one do you opt for?  Which one did I get? Which one covers your BIKE, per ETA?

"Cover-More have developed three unique Cruise Travel Insurance products. Premium cover, Comprehensive cover and Budget cover for cruising. All products include generous cover for overseas medical expenses including, onboard medical and dental, ship to shore medical and cover for sea sickness◊.
 The Comprehensive product includes up to $10 million­~ for overseas medical and dental expenses. It also includes cancellation cover, cover for luggage and personal items, rental car insurance excess and much, much more. The Budget cover includes up to $5 million­~ for overseas medical and dental expenses as well as some other basic benefits to protect you while you cruise."

The more I look into this outfit, the more questions I have.   

______________________________________

Note:  Stumbled across this link a few hours after posting this blog.   REVIEW/ VIDEO discussion.  This is from 9 years ago, and ties back to the 2008 Incident  where the HD Ultra took out a bike ( posted that in my review).  What I keyed on was this :

"This company is BAD BAD BAD.... First they tell you your bike is insured on these trips.... WRONG. call your insurance company first"

"Listen to the guy at the end of this video yelling at everyone...wow. I emailed the guy that posted this video and he told me it was the worst trip he ever took. The bike in front of him was a brand new Harley with 200 miles on it.  This guy said they all paid for a video taken by the operator of the weeks trip and nobody ever got their copy. He never gave receipts to anyone"

"The guy who recorded this told me they all lived. The female passenger on the stationary Harley took the worst of it. Some broken bones. The driver of the red bike had some facial damage because his face hit the top of the windshield. The driver of the stationary Harley had burns on his legs and a fracture......... the passenger of the red bike.... i can't remember.  Apparently, the guy yelling was rude and ignorant to all the people who wanted help. The same guy threatened the guy with the video during dinner on the ship saying he better hand over the video...."





Small Island.  20 miles tip to tip





#etamotorcyclecruises

Comments

Rick said…
So what does all the cash cover? We had 23 bikes on our cruise. Each bike had to pay $695 in cash to ETA. I was told it was for gas and Island insurance. My bike used less than 4 gallons of fuel. So what was the rest of the cash for??? Before I forget we had to give another $250 cash for lunch for two people. There is no way the lunches cost $10.000 in cash in my opinion. They collect a lot of cash without giving any specifics as to where it’s going.
J Lipari said…
Rick, i'm regretting not getting to know you better on the cruise. You have are asking the questions that have been running thru my head during and since the trip. Keep in mind we did not get gallons of gas even. We were given liters. I got a total of 2 liters before I ran out of gas and was left behind by the sweep. Leaving me unable to return to the ship (sea pass with Steve). I was fortunate that someone came to my aid by luck. I never received an apology from ETA for not listening to me when I said I ws going to run out or when I actually did. Insurance is a huge issue on any trip. I could tell you a sad story about Mexico but I will leave that there. Thanks for this blog. I wish more could have seen it before they invested such a huge amount to "ride on the edge". Julie
RickkciR said…
Julie, the more I think about it all, the more it bugs me. So many things were done wrong, and most people just overlook it. Then the lack of professionalism by the owner of ETA, is mind boggling. Trust me .. it's my last trip on that fiasco

Rick, we'll never know where that cash goes, what it covers, or if it is all reported legally. Its in the wind
Jeff said…
Rick, one of my concerns was NO communication between the lead bike an the rear bike. I voiced my concern about this because in all the rides I lead I make sure I have a bike in the rear that I can communicate with incase of a problem
Rick said…
Exactly, Jeff. Another thing that I brought up to one of the “ride captains” is why don’t you wear high visibility vests or t-shirts. His answer was, “it’s not required”. Sure would’ve made it easier to see them when they were coming up from behind. Oh well, some people just don’t care about safety.
RickkciR said…
Jeff, great point. Rick was telling me a similar thing on our trip. Hi Vis vests, radio between the two....would make all the sense in the world. On many of the runs, both Road Captains were up front; only customer trikes in the back bringing up the rear. I liked both our road captains, and they were great technical riders ... but.. this could have been done more professionally ....