Girth ...

Muscle Memory.  Never ceases to amaze me how after a few weeks back in the gym, after a long layoff, the muscle size some back to near previous size.  Shoulders fill back out, arms blow up , and the chest starts to regain its shape.   Not the strength mind you, which takes months to start coming back; even longer to get back to previous levels.

But, fat.... that is another story.   They approximate a pound of fat to be the equivalent of 3500 calories; give or take a few.   Anyone ever seen a pound a FAT?   We are all familiar with a pound of say .. hamburger/steak.  But, a pound of fat , which is less dense.. is much more.   Nasty stuff if you see a visual of it.  Well, fat doesn't go away quickly.  And reducing it , while maintaining muscle, is a bitch.   And .. .I'm in a bitch state right now.

Girth. Had to get a bigger f*cking weight belt.  Why ? The size of my gut has friggn' expanded.  My waist size is up.  My belly sticks out.  I'm f*cking fat.   As my muscle regains it's previous size, it highlights the obvious.   This sucks.

But, in all fairness.. .it's a problem I've been ignoring.  Creeping up.   Solved by buying the next size pants.   Hell, I've had to go to 3XL shirts instead of 2XLs due to it. A side benefit of 3XLs is that they are made longer.   I SHOULD be wearing a 2XLT ( tall ) , but ... ..almost impossible to find, especially at a Bike Rally!  So, I've been content with 3XLs.    But, I have noticed another anomaly over the years.  Apparently fat guys get short.  Huh, you say?

For Jeans, 36" inseam pants , when worn with boots, or have a fit tighter at the cuffs, are the perfect length. However wth other shoes ( ex Tennis Shoes ) , 34s are the proper length.  Back in the day , I wore 36x36s .. or 36x34s.    .then.. 38 waisted pants.. then... 40s.... and .. now 42s ... Finding this in a 34" length at a local store, almost requires an act of god.  Apparently as people get bigger waists, they get shorter.  WTF?  32 and 30 lengths.. everywhere...    but... 34? no.  36?  You're kidding right? Now, one would assume...   go to the Big/Tall men's Store!  Well, those are the 46" waist pants... .. my size is in a black hole somewhere.

Solution?  Apparently this has been a trick question for me.  I've been whining about this for years.   Especially in the Dress Pants area.   38x34s, all day long. 40s.... ummmm.. no.

Girth.  Girth needs to be gone.   Gut needs shrinkage.

Did I mention today was a great work out day?  Crawling out of bed, hitting the gym at o'dark '30 ... I LOVE IT!

Comments