Lower Body workout....

Awesome workout today...

I think I've discovered something I've been doing 'wrong' for way too many years., Back in the day, I prided myself on my form with Squats and leg presses; narrow stance and deep. I eventually had to give up squats due to my lower back, and pushed hard with leg presses. I now realize my form , though 'excellent', is wrong for me. It forces my lower back off the machine's support area, and stresses it. Feels awesome on my legs, but taboo for my lower back. So I've widened out my stance and 'stop' when I hit that point where my back is about to 'lift' up. Now, this sounds obvious, but.. I have been doing it the old way for decades!!!! If feels more like a power-lifter style leg press, but, it's working and feels good!

Back in '93 I had a complete rupture of my Achilles tendon. Ten years later, had a complete rupture of the other Achilles tendon. Sucks to be me. My calves have sucked, been 'wimpy' , ever since. A year or so ago, I purchased a gym quality donkey calf machine. Finally, getting some use out of it, and..... the calves are beginning to recover. It's going to be a long haul, but... progress!
TGIF


Comments