Next Phase in the Gym




Finally … on to “Phase 1”.....Normal workouts...   Push/Pull.   The fun stuff.  Done with the pussy workouts....

Been working out over 40 years now.   Off and on for some of those, but picked up my first weights the summer between my freshman and Sophomore HS years.   A Lot of false startups over the last decade or so after taking breaks due to injuries.  One thing I’ve gotten VERY good at is, getting back into the gym routine without killing myself. You know, jumping in 100%, and you can’t move the next day?  Barely function for a week because you’re too sore?   Yep, unfortunately, I’ve got this down too well. Lots of practice.  But, here I am, two weeks in, and moving away from low set count, full body workout to splitting it up to a Push/Pull.  And, it feels GOOD!

Realizing one thing I’ve got to stop doing moving forward: Remembering the old Poundage’s.   Last decade or so, I’ve found it frustrating when I’m not pushing the bigger weights.   So, I push myself and … bam…. An old injury flares up.    I’ll be getting stronger, doing Bench Press as an example, and pushing 225.  And, it’s heavy.  Real Heavy... Maybe... just maybe getting multiple reps.     BUT, “back in the day”, I used to WARM UP... with 225.  Dozen … 15... Maybe 20 reps... … Light as hell.    Now, I’m busting my ass to get the weight off my chest.   Instead of smiling and moving forward, it’s almost embarrassing compared to... back in the day.    This, is what I’ve got to move forward from. This, is what I believe is holding me back.  This, has got to change.

Damned these early morning workouts are rocking.   Feeling good.  Feeling healthy.  

2016 is going to be a Great Year

Comments