Next up ... The Hill Country!

Some of Texas's best riding, is in the Hill Country. Kerrville to Bandera on Hwy 16 is a blast.  The Three Sisters are a blast.  Hanging out in Bandera, is a blast.   Fredericksburg area, has a lot to offer.  Luckenbach is right around the corner, and on the right weekend , can be a blast ( it's gotten a little too touristy for my tastes)

I had the opportunity to ride down there last year with the IIRA Quanah Tribe on their Spring Break ride.   Couple of other times, with some buddies and our ladies ( pulled RVs down with bikes trailered).  Over the last four years there has been an Indian Motorcycle focused mini-event down there at the end of April.  Missed the first two due to issues with my home in Galveston.  Last year, I don't remember what kept me away... maybe the drama that has surrounded the event since it's inception.   Drama?  Well, not for most, but I'd become aware of some that did occur and guess my personality allowed me to get sucked into it for various reasons.

However, this year, should be a good one, for me personally.  There are MotoGP races going on in Austin.   A major Slingshot event with vendors in Kerrville.   And, I'll be reconnecting with friends that live in the area, some I've known for over a decade, some via bike events .  And, a LOT of riding!   Riding to / from the area from home, and we'll be scouring for miles and miles, of two lane twisties.  All , making it worth the trip.

Funny thing is , I have zero plans to participate in the ongoing event "Indians in the Hill Country" that I'm headed down for.  It simply provides the backdrop to meet up with some friends.  Now all we need is some good weather, and for a few folks to keep their distance...

It could happen......... :)


 Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

Comments