Our Health

As I write this , I just found out that a good friend of mine just suffered a Heart Attack.   Apparently it was last night, and he's been in the hospital all night here locally, and awaiting transfer to Dallas to Baylor.  He retired a couple of years ago, and we ride together often..  Over the last decade, we've become tight and close friends.  Hopefully this afternoon, I can see him once they get him settled into his room etc....
That's over 600 between the two of us.  Better run if we're coming!


Man, what a reminder how important our health is.  I've let my weight creep up over the years, and my job has me as a desk jockey all day long.  Then factor in business travel and my passion for having a good time on weekends ( ummm.. and during the week when possible ), I'm not doing myself any favors.  The crazy part is I have access to a full blown gym that I built about a dozen years ago.  But, injuries have continually sidelined me over the years and I've allowed those injuries to affect me psychologically to the point it's affected my life.  What I mean by that is i love to lift heavy .   But , that has stressed my back and a couple of joints to the point deep down in my subconscious, I've pushed away from the gym.    So, I'm constantly having an internal struggle.  I'm beginning to win this battle, and today's news of my fellow IIRA Brother and close friend , has reignited that thought process.  

Over the years along with the weight increase, I've watched my cholesterol go up .  I've watched my Blood Pressure creep up.  I'm noticing signs of arthritis.   It's affected my Scuba Diving.  My sleep patterns. My life.   The solution is obvious.  I've been on the right track as of late, but it's time to step it up a notch.  To get all the 'numbers' back on track.   Life is Short . Cliche but true.  Live it to the fullest, but don't create obstacles along the way.  You know, like my belly that complicates the tying of my tennis shoes?

I spun this bad news of my brother, in an attempt to find a positive in it all.  Getting back to what is truly important here, please put and keep, Larry in your prayers

Comments

RickkciR said…
Good News! He's out of Surgery. The went they stint route and looks like he may be home tomorrow!

Bam!
RickkciR said…
Met with Larry last night... In good spirits and looking good ... again, he's supposed to be released to day

Life Changing Event!