Harvey ... still causing pain


Our Casa near Jamaica Beach, TX

Seems like it was just the other day, I was sitting in Galveston at the table and noticed Harvey was gathering steam.   We opted to head back to Greenville rather than wait it out.  Probably a good idea since it appears the power has been out since Friday night, and the roads to Houston .. are all closed.  No telling how long we'd be down there.  Good news is, we emptied the fridge before leaving, just in case!  Our two homes down there, have been reported to be in good condition. Lot of flooding, but no major damage.  I've got a cousin that evacuated her home In Corpus Christi and she received good news that the fury of the CAT 4 Hurricane left it unscathed after annihilating the city of Rockport.
It won't leave!


Epic Flooding
Now, the next phase of damage is underway.   Historical flooding in Houston is forcing folks from their homes and mass evacuations are underway.   I'm no longer focused on our homes; I'm focused on my friends in Houston and it's outlying areas that Harvey is causing property loss and disrupting lives.

Sugar B'
I dropped my bike off at Manusco Powersports last Thursday for some service work and safe keeping away from the Island, but that may have been a mistake in retrospect.  I probably should have rode it home.  But, Insurance will take care of it if anything happens.  The fact that it's a numbered '14 and customized would suck .. though. But worst case, take the insurance money and get a replacement bike.  My hope is they had a plan and ALL their bikes and toys , and customer bikes, make it through this mess.  I don't have high hopes though



Now, I'm stuck waiting.. .watching .. for a break in the floods that allow me to get down to the Island and assess any damage.   Again not overly concerned at this point about my homes.  But, I am truly concerned about those of my fellow Texans down there, affected by this ongoing tropical storm.  Once the roads open.... I head South!

NO path through this mess, to the Island


Comments