Harvey ... a glimmer of light

Saw a few things this morning that had me smiling


Beautiful Morning
First, Lisa A. posted this pic  with a caption of "Thank you Jesus!"  Put a smile on my face!   They spent the night on the Island after leaving their home up in Alvin, due to flooding. Tore at my heart!  But, good news! ( Holiday Inn? )









Second, I saw where David J. posted a picture from his balcony this morning.  They are back home, and the waters are receding.  They to had to deal with some flooding.  Bad news is they are dealing with some damage to their bikes due to flooding.  There is a potential plan to get those bikes out, but ...more to follow on that one









White house in the background is mine
Third, and the final piece to the puzzle for the day, my neighbor down in Galveston made it to his home this morning and sent me over some pictures.  The bad news is , I lost vinyl siding on the home as I'd expected would happen.  The Good news is, except for a few shingles, looks like I didn't' take too bad of a hit.  I hope to have someone looking inside the home later today to make sure
we don't have any major water damage, etc.


1032 hrs, 30 AUG 2017

We still can't get down there easily.   Once we get a perspective on the interior of the home, we'll make some decisions ( calling Insurance Company, etc ) .  Almost there.






Now.. we need the waters in Houston to Recede.  And prayers out to those in Louisiana whom now have to deal with the perils of Harvey ....




Comments