Fall from Grace ....

I think it finally happened.  And if it did, I'm not happy about it as some might think.  It's sort of sad if true.

I've written the last several months about the ups and downs  ( well, mostly downs) of a situation up 'north' .  For me it goes back years.  But if I were to surmise it quickly ......

Over the years I watched a dealer bad mouth his main OEM.  I told him repeatedly that it didn't make sense.  Why bite the hand that feeds you.   But the answer I always got was a cocky one.   Then in  a moment of foolishness, I 'invested' ( ie loaned ) a large sum of money and thought I'd live to regret it because right away the bad mouthing of the OEM began again.  Had I empowered him again, I wondered?  But I didn't live to regret it; the funds were paid back on time. But it'd be the last time I allowed myself to become intertwined financially. 

Then I saw a pattern that concerned me.  Had to do with an annual event.   A new local dealer.   A charity.   I couldn't put my finger on it, but I watched.  In retrospect I'd have to sum it up as a "power trip."  I became aware of specifics that truly concerned me.  Such as unbridled access to legal resources.  That should scare most anyone bumping heads with the fore mentioned.  I know people who've been harassed.  Know people who have been legally hit with Harassment Restraining Orders, under false pretenses. Know people who have been sued.   Hell, I was threatened with an HRO ( for what.. my blog??).  Not everyone has the legal resources to fight this BS, and one gains power when those without resources, or unwilling to commit resources, walk away versus fighting.

I've watched hundreds of people flock to the fore mentioned virtually and personally and shook my head.  I understood to some degree.  For around five years, I sat back , watched , shook my head often.  But I never 100% stood by; I often questioned and we ended up with long, drawn out , public debates that usually got deleted a few days later by the fore mentioned.  Eventually, I no longer saw the humor in any of it and ....  began to question more aggressively.  Soon I was on the out, and now the target of sheep.  So, we jokingly assumed the name given to us by the fore mentioned and enjoyed or new notoriety. To up the ante, I chose a mascot: The Wolf.

After five months, I'd decided I was 'done with it' all.  The '17 event was in the rear view mirror which had caused a LOT of drama, thanks to the promoter's antics. He'd developed a fervor among many sheep against anyone opposing his concepts and pretty much anyone not on board, was now part of a 'haters group' he himself created.   Sort of brilliant in retrospect on his part.  Or stupid, depending on your perspective (he put the spotlight on himself IMHO).  I thought I was done until he threatened me with an anonymously sent text.   I was done from my perspective, but he wasn't . I wondered how many more I'd get over the next 11 months until the '18 event.   No big deal.  Just block each new number as they randomly appear.  I've publicly stated I will no longer attend the events.  No longer be in the area during that time frame.  I'm done with it all.

Earlier this week, I read an article that had me thinking  .. "WTF?"  ( I'm not going to belittle this blog by posting a link to it ).  Several things go through my mind.  First, someone just got their wish and became famous.  Now if it was me, I'd be heading to my lawyer to get a name change!  This isn't the type of fame anyone should want.  Yet, I think he enjoyed it deep down.  Secondly, after reading the article I'm wondering  " WHY" would one have initiated that lawsuit to begin with.  WHY?  It was frivolous , just as most of his appears to be.  BUT, she fought it and won.  Somehow that story got leaked to the press and it's the stuff grocery aisles are filled with in the Tabloids.  Finally, someone who's bumped heads with the fore mentioned, posted it in a FB Group and all hell broke loose.   Most people in that group, in that discussion don't know the history of all things that have transpired between a handful of people over the last 7+ years, so they don't understand why it was posted in that group.  But I do.  Not sure I'd have done it.  But I understand why he did. And did the sparks fly. Folks were booted, many left.  And hundreds more have joined since.  Not even a bump in the road.

Well, as always, my phone lights up.  Over the last 24 hours,  I've had info sent to me from at least
three separate sources.  It appears the unthinkable has happened.  I personally tried to keep this from happening for years. It's the reason I 'stuck around" but eventually gave up.   I tried to keep this person from imploding his lil' empire.   But it appears it may have happened.   It appears the majority owner ( 90%) may have taken the reigns away.   It appears the funding that has allowed much of what we know over the years, may have gone away.   I honestly tried to help.  But back in March I pushed away from it all.   The last several months he continued to waste resources blaming others for his issues.   Now, I'm guessing the finger pointing will begin.

Of course the opposite might be true.   A week from now he returns to 'work' and everyone will be told he was on a sabbatical to recover his strength after dealing with all the haters. He was exhausted from doing the event 'single handed' since all his best employees were stolen by another dealer ( does anyone really believe that? I know them. They RAN to the other dealer).  This blog post will be shown to others, and the chest beating will begin on how he's untouchable and the haters can't keep him down.  Which, wouldn't surprise me.  I've seen the web spun for years and some people are pretty fucking good at it......  but no worries .. for now ...

" All is good folks .... just taking a little time off"


Comments