World Records....

Getting ready to log off for the night, and I saw a tidbit out there that caught my eye...  2404 HDs have the world record.   Now, this caught my attention because some folks down in Missouri are going to go for the record in May 2018 with Indian Motorcycles.   I never thought the number was that big ( a lil over 250 ), so the 2404 definitely caught my attention.


Still, 2404 ain't bad.  I personally have never been in a group over 1500, so 2404 is a chunk.  But, with millions of HDs on the planet, one would have assumed they would have had more?   But, look closer.  This isn't in the US. It's in Greece.   Now, I'm pretty sure there have been larger groups that technically beat this, but someone forgot to call Guinness to get it recorded?

This one caught my attention.  The most off road bikes in a parade.  Again, this wasn't in the US but down in Brazil.

A total of 3,312 is not small chump change. I'm betting that looked like chaos?  Hell, if it'd been in NYC , DC or something like that all would have probably been doing wheelies the entire parade route?  I've seen them videos!


Here's a cool one.  They brought in 405 Ducatis.  Not just any, but Ducati Monsters!  All in the country of Belgium which is a speck compared to the US.   Wow!




Triumph wasn't about to be outdone.   They brought in 539 last year.  Hell, that's double what I was part of last year. And that was on an Island! Impressive!


Now this one caught my attention.   Why?  because they've only been licensed to be on the road for the last two years and there were only 600 of the total.  Yet the got about a fourth of them to show up!

Do the math on that one! 141 trikes.  That had to be a sight to be seen!

Which brings me to the Indian record.   It was set originally last year as shown below, and surpassed a few days ago by .... 9 bikes.  The point of this blog is come May 2018 I expect it to get toppled by the folks down at IRIP.  Over the years, there have been a LOT of bikes that have rolled in down in the Ozarks, especially during the heyday of the Gilroys ridden by the Iron Indians.   The folks down there will no doubt push hard to get it well over 300 bikes I'm being informed.


As I write this, it's the first time I've read this info.   "Braved pouring rain and cold temperatures .." ..   they are kidding right?   The rain had pretty much stopped and it was fucking August.  Cold temps?  Come on now.. that's just funny.   In any case, compared to some of the other records that have been set, the IRIP folks should have no problem raising the bar.  

Which brings me back to the 2404 HDs.   I can't believe someone hasn't bested that record.   I mean ....  what happened to the 2M bikes headed to Washington every year?  At least half of those ...are HDs 







Comments

Gary said…
Rick, please message me on fb.
Tony
Twin city indian
RickkciR said…
Heard a funny rumor the other day. Doesn't matter if true or not. Rumor: The current holder of the record wants to work with the group going after it in May '18 and will 'bring' people.

Why funny to me? Because one knows the record is going to get blasted, and then one can claim they are part of it... ?