Zambini .. no one said they were the smartest

Zambini .. when you say that, most guys know it's a reference to the '3 D' emblems they do with the Indian headdress for Indians  and...  others.

But, when Polaris Industries bought Indian Motorcycle, they stopped them from producing them. Funny thing to me personally was most people didn't care, weren't fans. You saw them on a few Indians and LOTs of Drifters that are "Indian Wannabes" .  But like anything, when you say 'no more' suddenly folks want them.   And that is exactly what happened.  These damned things were expensive before ( over $200 for a set ) , but since then they sell over $500 on eBay.  Some folks out there have gotten a lil' sneaky and even done some back room deals out there and making some pretty good money on the side, right under Polaris' nose.

Well, guessing someone over at Zambini had a few beers last night when they posted this on Facebook.  Right there on the top left, is what they are NOT supposed to be advertising or selling, but .. there it is.




Now the funny thing to me is ...  you click on their FB page, and it
looks weak.  Looks almost 'fake'.  And if you click on their links, you've got to wonder whom is asleep at the wheel here?  I'm guessing they are just letting their website die on the vine and
focusing on other avenues such as eBay for their sales?  And, they don't look to be selling much.   Though their product is 'nice' it's really nothing more than colorful , flexible plastic?  And that's a lot of money for .. plastic.

But now, folks are clamoring for them.  Hopes are high!   And at least one, is panicking their gravy train is at risk?  Still, how hard can it be to publish a quality web page? A quality FB Page?  Actually .. answer questions?




p.s.  Of course if they used their correct links, it might work?  https://zambini-bros-mfa.myshopify.com/

Comments

Tim said…
Interesting find... One of the posters circled in your example is the same person I bought 2 sets from. Back in '15 got a 2-color 4-piece set (tank, fender & horn cover, think I paid $350. Couple years later, ordered another set and paid closer to $700 for my Roadmaster. When I got the box, the box on the inside was from CA and the label on that CA box was a week or 2 prior to the date I got my set from my seller. I quietly wondered if they were still being produced and being sold by a very "select" few. I read a set sold for $1,000 on Indian Motorcycle dot net. I have a 2 color, 3 piece set collecting dust. Maybe I should get into the game!
RickkciR said…
Tim, I actually considered calling Zambini back when the whole thing got 'shut down'. I have two sets on the shelf, and 1 set on a bike. I was going to buy out their ENTIRE inventory. But, I was worried about two things. First that the demand wouldn't be there. I could have sold them for $300.00 all day long. Second, that the mother-ship would come down on me. Well, that hasn't happened because they are shipping them to that person you just mentioned behind the scenes and he's selling them for stupid money, right in front of the world.

Now, what could have backfired on me .. is getting the entire stock.. and them still doing sleazy deals out the back door ... sad part is, the one guy selling them is pretending that each set he sells is his "LAST SET!" .. and convinces folks to part with their hard earned money. But remember.. it's for the kids. Pays for his Disneyland trip ever year ;)
Garyp73 said…
Bought Indian air cleaner cover $155. Piece of plastic crap. Stay away from them