"I was one of the sheep until .............."



That line got my attention .  Prompted me to reach back..  My phone lights up daily with .... info ....   rumors ... gossip  .. facts ...  screen shots .... transcripts  ....   it's become a repository.   I read it .. then .. delete it.

Today I had an interesting conversation.  Hour or so with someone I'd like to meet in the future.  Whether it be social media ...  texts.. emails.. or phone conversations, sometimes you realize you 'click' with someone.  Today was one of the those conversations.   The last few months, I've been apprehensive. When you get 'anonymous' texts and phone calls, and there is the risk of folks recording it all... puts you in a precarious position. Maybe they aren't real, but a BS request to suck you in, to f' with you.   So, I tend to be careful.  I'm not out lurking.  I'm not out searching.  I'm not trolling.  But, I'm in the the mix .. why?   Because .. I called it out months ago.

Sometimes you see shit that the average person says "WTF?" .  Now, the hard part for me is when people don't see the obvious.   That's what's prompted some of my posts such as "The Sheep.".  I don't expect folks to take sides.  I don't expect folks to take MY side.  By, when folks takes sides, without all the facts, or worse, WITH most / all the facts, and side opposite the obvious... I personally  .. SMH.  Simple as that .  And that, has drove my behavior.

Today's conversation was interesting because, the person I was talking to said something that I could relate to. Something that  meshed with me; my situation from day one.   Some folks have the ability to suck us in.  They have a personality that can be... .. turned on, in such away, to lure folks in.  I've wondered why I dropped my guard early on.  We discussed this at length, and it's true. Some folks have the gift.  The crazy part is, you talk to some and they were never sucked in; they saw it all from the get go.  Not true for me. Not true for some others. Not true for the person I spoke with today. Apparently, not true for a lot of folks; still.  One other thing was said in this conversation today.  I was given insight into a situation that happened a few weeks ago that .. bugged me.  I was given facts how something went down that made all the sense in the world to me; I'd been wondering. Now I know.  Actually, I already knew. But when you get confirmation, it helps knowing you were on the correct set of tracks.

So .... I continue to connect the dots.  I've always liked to figure people out; its one of my traits.  I guess that has been a big thing for me in this specific situation.  I didn't understand why or how, certain things happened .. fell into place .. early on.  I couldn't wrap my head around the basic situation that enabled the previous two decades.  But as of late, I've read documents .. letters ...  recently, and I sort of get it now.  It makes sense to me.  A lot of things make more sense to me now.  Initially, I was simply pointing out a few things that were obvious to me.  A few things that bothered me.   A LOT of folks have shared with me they had the same concerns.  But, many others don't .  Don't care.  Are oblivious to the obvious... to facts... to ...  things that should make one at least step back and analyze.    But, for some ... .. nothing will ever make them change gears .. switch lanes.. swap teams.

I've said before and I'll say it again; this has been one for the psychology annals.  You could write a book on this one.   I'm not going to.  I've read the book. I'm on the last chapter.  About to close it.  But, this book hasn't been published yet.  I feel like a proof reader, who's secretly published a few chapters anonymously, but a lot don't believe you have access to the raw material.  They are waiting for the official release.  I guess I am too.  That's been my intention from day one.  But.. I keep getting sneak peaks of the words being written real time, so whats a guy supposed to do?







Comments

Rick said…
As one of the researchers for this particular story, I can say it has had an effect on my life that has been both good and bad. I thought that I had seen every kind of person. However this situation opened my eyes. This could truely be a case study in how to control people through social media. I admit that because of this story I have become more cynical. Less trusting of people.
RickkciR said…
Well said my brother... well said!
Anonymous said…
Blah blah. Wtf are you on