Summer Time! God Bless Tejas

I didn't think it'd ever get here.  Well, it sort of has.  We were in Galveston for a few weeks and the temps rocked in the mid 80s with sunshine.  Before that, here in Greenville temps were in the mid 70s, and it felt like the 80s around the pool. But  it took forever for the water temps to rise.


Last week those temps were in the low 80s....   lil crisp. Hell, few weeks before that we got in a few times, but at 75 water temp ..... took awhile to adjust and it was never just right.

Earlier this week temps where 82-84 in the water..... we're almost there.  But yesterday, low 90s outside
and the water temp?  89!   Made it!   Now, it's 'summer time!'   I gotta tell you I 'live' for this.   May-October, pool side BBQs, Parties, weekends .... hell... just awesome afternoons during the week for an hour here and there when I can break away from work.

Back in '95 when we moved here, we immediately put up an above ground pool and I built with  my own hands a 20x24 attached deck around it.   We got 8 awesome years out of that setup.  Then, we made the decision to put in the in-ground pool.  That was almost 20 years ago.  Twenty years of great times.  

So ... I proclaim ... let the summer fun begin!








Comments