The 'final' enclosed trailer

Well .. . the old 7x14 has a new owner.   The 8x20's new owner has been found and will have it next month.    And, found the new one

Tim Neid was the first down this path.   I think he got a single axle 6x12 last year.  It's all aluminum construction and light weight caught my attention.  I remember getting sticker shock though when I heard the specifics.   Then late last year, Brother Dick picked up a similar one, but in a 7.5 x 14" size.  Again, the cost had me scratching my head ... but you get what you pay for.    Well, here I am a year later,   doing the same thing.   Going with the 7.5" width this time around since that 7x14 I had .. always felt just a notch tight.  One crazy bump and a brake or clutch lever might 'touch' the inside wall with 2 big bikes in there.  And I've had to replace the levers in the past for this.   But that extra 6" gives just enough extra room for that problem to go away. And you you have more room down low since there are no wheel wells per'se.  Pulling my old 7x14 behind a V8 mid-size SUV, you knew it was back there.  Now, getting the trailer under 2,000 lbs, should alleviate most of that.    Finally ... this should be my 'last one' .   Had the old 7x14 for 11 years and the 8x20 for most of that time as well.  No reason this one shouldn't last me 20 .. assuming I'm around that long.   Funny thing about this .. I assumed I'd be headed to MN next month to pick this up or Brother Dick would deliver it.  Turns out.....   it was just down the road calling my name.


UPDATE 11 July 2020

Brought the new 7.5 x 16" home yesterday.  Ordered the mounting setups for the Wheel Docks.  Coming together!


Comments

Tim said…
Nice looking trailer... I wish I had a 2-axle trailer, but maybe someday when I get a Hemi to pull it with!!..