Go figure...

Every once in awhile I have a conversation with someone that has me scratching my head thinking .. "where the f*ck is this person coming from?"

How is it in the Year 2013 people are completely clueless on all the different Social Media?  The benefits and uses of Computers in our daily lives?  The options available to us on our television whether it be delivered via Cable, Hulu, NetFlix, Vudu or the airwaves?  How is it someone isn't truly tuned in political issues that affect all of us , whether it be ObamaCare or Gun Control?

I don't expect everyone to agree with me..or debate...or argue with me.  But, at some level you hope that people have a basic grasp of what is going on around us.  For some reason , this has always bugged the hell out of me.  There are times when I've actually felt embarrassed when I realized I wasn't up to speed on current events.. and then you realize , 80% of the people out there ( my standard percentage I like to toss around) are completely out of the loop or at least unable to or care to, comprehend what is actually going on 'out there'.

Guess I'm feeling a little pessimistic after a recent conversation with someone that I respect.  I never cease to be amazed ( well .. maybe a lil' ) of the ignorance of those around us ....

Comments